Best Way to Fix Asymmetrical Breasts? (photo)

I've had asymmetric breasts for awhile but after getting mono and losing 20lbs, then gaining it back, the problem has gotten worse. My right breast has a TON of loose skin (especially at the bottom). While I think the difference is only a cup size, it makes shopping for bras difficult. I don't want perfectly even breasts, I just want something that can comfortably fit in the same bra. When I pull the skin taught the size difference is less noticeable. Is this possible to fix without implants?

One Side Breast Lift Plus Implants Best Fix For Asymmetry

+4

Thank you for your question. A breast lift with a slight reduction on the right side and breast implants placed on both sides is the best fix for the asymmetry you have. Your left breast is quite normally positioned and does not need to be lifted. The right side can be lifted and slightly reduced and implants placed on both sides to give you the fullness and symmetry that you desire.

Asymmetric Breast and Implants

+2

If you are happy with your left side, a right-sided reduction/lift would be ideal.  Depending on your exam, a "vertical mastopexy" or "donut mastopexy" could be used.  As others have stated, it is very important to be at a stable weight first.  I think trying to acheive symmetry with implants alone would be very difficult.

Jarrod Little, MD

Fixing Breast Asymmetry

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos.  I agree with the consensus.  You should get a nice result with a breast lift (mastopexy) and a small amount of tissue removal (breast reduction) on the right side.  This will improve the symmetry in terms of size, breast shape, areaolar size and position.  You will need to be willing to accept a scar around the areola as well as a vertical scar (lollipop incision).  Make sure you find an experienced ABPS certified surgeon in your area.

Laurence Weider, MD

Asymmetry correction without implants

+1

The right breast should be slightly reduced and the nipple lifted to match the left side.  The areola can be reduced to match the diameter of the left side, as well.  The scar pattern would be around the areola and in the breast meridian in the lower part of the breast - a so-called "lollipop" scar. 

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

A right breast lift with a slight reduction is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

If you want to have fullness in the upper part of your breasts, then consider breast implants for fullness. That is, if you want to be a little bigger

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Asymmetrical Breasts and fat in breasts

+1

Plastic surgeons have been able for some time now to put fat in the breast successfully. There was a large series of patients who had a similar condition all treated with fat grafting with reliable and very pleasing results. I think this is the way to go for you.

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS

Asymmetry correction

+1

As most of the surgeons who answered your question have suggested, breast lift on the right side will improve symmetry by positioning the breast at the same level as the left side,  However, to gain the best symmetry, it may be necessary to slightly reduce the volume of the right side as well.  To determine what is best for YOU, see a plastic surgeon with experience in treating this kind of asymmetry for examination and consultation.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Try to find your ideal weight first!

+1

The fastest way to symmetry is to do a lift on the right side making it smaller and higher.  But I would caution you that you should find your ideal weight before embarking on this. Just like your breasts changed with a drastic drop in weight they may change again with a drastic weight gain.  I would have you find that ideal weight over the next six monhts before you decide to reduce anything.  I have seen patients invest time and effort in their breasts only to find that at 30 pounds heavier they still weren't happy...

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Correction of asymmetric breasts

+1

Thanks for the photos. If you like the left side, the right side can be made smaller with a short scar breast lift, small reduction. Remember, they are sisters and not twins. They will never be perfectly symmetrical. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Breast Asymmetry

+1

If you do not want implants and you are happy with the volume of your left (smaller) breast, then a small reduction of your right breast incorporating a bit of lift of the nipple should provide a result with which you would be pleased.

John Whitt, MD