What Can Fix my Asymmetric Eyebrows?

I'm a 17 year old male model, my eyebrows are slightly asymmetric. What can remedy this? Botox? Thank you!

Botox can often fix asymmetrical eyebrows

+1

Asymmetrical brows are often caused by one side of the forehead having stronger muscles than the other side.  By lifting one eyebrow more that the other (a little trick many expert injectors can do) and/or relaxing the forehead more on one side than the other- all with Botox, eyebrows can be made more symmetrical.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

How to correct facial asymmetry

+1

Depending on the severity of the asymmetry, the best answer may be to do nothing.  We are often our own worst enemy, as we look at ourselves with a much more critical eye than we look at others around us.  As a facial plastic surgeon, it is my job to notice the asymmetries which are present in every face.  Generally, it is not worth pursuing aggressive treatments to correct the minor asymmetries which everyone has.  If you are a model, I would wager that your degree of asymmetry is small, and that you notice the difference between your brows much more so than anyone around you.

That being said, if the asymmetries in the facial appearance are severe, they can usually be improved.  Do not expect perfect symmetry, that isn't realistic.  Do seek out an experienced injector as well.  Best of luck!

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you can use Botox to correct asymmetric eyebrows

+1

Yes, you can use Botox to correct asymmetric eyebrows, but please be sure you go to an experienced injector.  

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox for Asymetric Eye Brows

+1

I have used Botox in many patients who had asymmetry of eyebrows, particularly after strokes or hemiparalysis. It works great. Injection can be made in the forehead to slight relax the brow. Injections can also be made on the lateral eyebrow area to lift the brow. HOWEVER, before you do anything, you must realize that there is asymmetry in everyone and it is normal. So, before you do anything, I would have a professional look at you and see if its worth it. Sometimes doing nothing is better and more natural than doing something. Dr. Behnam

Ben Behnam, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyebrows can be treated with BOTOX and filler

+1

Asymmetric eyebrows can be treated with BOTOX and filler as well as surgery if necessary.There is also a less invasive surgical procedure that can be done using Bio Glue adhesive.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyebrows

+1

Everyone has some asymmetric in their eyebrows so it sometimes it is not needed to adjust your eyebrows. If you are already getting modeling jobs with the way your eyebrows look now maybe you should stick with the unique look.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for asymmetry of the eyebrows

+1

Before you have Botox done in the forehead or under the tail of the eyebrow to adjust the height of one eyebrow, realize that the result could be a bigger shift than you want and it might be more noticable than the preexisting subtle difference from side to side.  If you are unhappy with the unequalness that could result from the correction of your asymmetry, you will have to wait three to four months for it to correct itself and it may ruin your modeling.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Natural brow asymmetry may be an asset to a 17 year old male model!

+1

Before you go "correcting" your natural asymmetry (everyone is a little asymmetric), why not ask your agent and some photographers if they think becoming more symmetrical would be an asset for your career? It's possible you are extremely attractive and that your natural asymmetry gives you a slight edge that makes you interesting to the camera and to your clients. Being a slave to Botox every three months for the rest of your career, and possibly not being able to make an expression you would like to make for the camera one day, may not be worth it.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Asymmetric eyebrow correction options

+1

Dear Xcyte,

In general, brow asymmetry can be dealt with through surgery or Botox. With surgery (a brow lift), we are raising the lower brow to match the higher brow. With Botox, we are lowering the higher brow to match the lower brow.

At your age, I would NOT recommend a brow lift procedure. A small amount of Botox would likely be your best choice. Depending on the appearance, both sides or just one side may be injected. Start with a lower dose; there is no magical formula to calculate how much Botox is needed in order to change the brow position a certain distance. If the lower dose is not sufficient, some more can be administered. Once a proper dosage is determined, you will know how much to use future Botox treatments. Good luck.

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC

Lawrence Tong, MD

Asymmetric Eyebrows

+1

If you're already modeling, it is unlikely the asymmetry is severe. Make sure you discuss this with your photographers and manager before changing anything. Botox can provide temporary improvement. A unilateral brow lift is a more permanent solution.