What is the Best Way to Fix Assymmetrical Cheeks After Fat Transfer?

I had a fat transfer to my cheeks and have been having issues ever since. It has been 3 months and one cheek is still higher and more pronounced than the other side, especially when I smile or talk or laugh. The other side is rounded, which makes me look puffy. Is there any noninvasive way to fix this?

Fat Transfer

+2

Provided infection, bleeding and hematoma has been ruled out. Initially the asymmetry is due to healing and swelling. After 6 months this will be permanent. At that stage the causes are putting more fat on one side than the other. Fat absorption more on one side than the other.

Wait till 6 months then seek the advise of a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)

Asymetric cheeks after fat grafting.

+1
I have been using fat transfer for 36 years and at 3months what you see is pretty much it. Radiesse injections can even things up.

Fixing asymmetric cheeks after fat grafting

+1

At 3 months after surgery I would wait before doing any additional treatment. Fat grafts, in my hands at least, evolve over the course of 18 months or so. Your cheeks may not become more symmetric in that time necessarily, but doing treatment to the area now would be like trying to fix a moving target.

Non-invasive treatment like hyaluronic acid filler injection (restylane, juvederm, etc) are valid treatment options to create more symmetry, though I'd be reluctant to place filler in the area of grafts right now for fear of interferring with fat graft take.

Of course, another option would be to have a touch up fat grafting procedure can be done in the future to refine the results.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/facial-fat-grafting