How to Fix Areola Dent Scar After Breast Augmentation? (photo)

How to Fix Areola Dent Scar After Breast Augmentation? 5'7 tall 130lbs 36D

Fixing areolar dents following breast surgery.

+2

This can be a very frustrating problem. The issue is scar tissue from the underside of the skin tethering the areola in place. Correction can be achieved by surgically freeing up the underlying scar and interposition of adjacent fat to attempt to prevent the area from retracting a second time. Still, even with these techniques, recurrence can be common.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Areola scar after breast augmentation surgery

+2

If your surgery is recent, within the past several months, it is very possible that this tethering of the underlying tissue will improve. Your surgeon might even recommend scar massage to help soften this problem. If you surgery has been longer than a few months, you might want to discuss with your surgeon having this tethering released. It may even be able to be performed under local anesthesia in the office.

Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Fixing breast asymmetry

+2

Your posted photos show this indent on the right but there are other issues here such as the right implant being too high, the implants being too large for your chest, the left breast fold being lower than the right and the wide spacing between the nipples. You do not say how much time has elapsed since your surgery. If the surgery was recent some of these issues like swelling and implant position may self correct. Others, like fold position will not self correct. If the surgery was some time a go you will need a revision surgery.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Revising the closure

+2

Most minor irregularities resolve with watchful waiting and massage with a scar cream; however, in this situation seems the closure should probably be revised.  This can be done under local and it may be that removing some deep sutures and releasing any tissue that may be tethering the areola can fix the problem.   

Web reference: http://thomassenplasticsurgery.com

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

How to Fix Areola Dent Scar After Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thanks for the photos postings. I have repaired this issue using fat grafting with very good results. See your PS for a discussion about this

Fixing areolar dents after augmentation.

+2

It would be important to know how long after your surgery you are.  If your surgery was recently, I would suggest close follow up with your plastic surgeon and some scar massage to let the scar fully mature, soften and relax.  This may self correct the problem.  If it has been many months since your surgery, the scar is not likely to get better and a scar revision needs to be done to elevate the dimpling.  This can be done under local anesthesia and should improve the appearance.