Fit 27 Year Old Man but I Have a Double Chin. Can Plastic Surgery Help? (photo)

Hi, I'm a 27 year old young professional and live a pretty active life style. I'm 6 ft about 175 pounds but my weight fluctuates based on what sports I'm playing or my diet at the time. I'm very self conscious about it and think it throws off the shape of my face. I want a better jaw line and not to have a double chin. Can plastic surgery change this enough to warrant the expense? Would the results be long lasting? Thanks!

Chin liposuction

+2
It is diffucult to tell without an in person consultation, more photos or video, but you look like you could be an excellent candidate for liposuction of the chin. This is a procedure that can make a profound positive change in the appearance of men and women. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Chin Liposuction for 6'0" 175 lb Male

+1

You probably will get a great deal of benefit from chin liposuction.  Having this area as a problem area in fit individuals is very common.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction of the chin

+1

As a young male, who is active and healthy, I think you are a great candidate for liposuction of the neck to remove the unwanted fat that is causing you to have a double chin.  If you have the money, I think you will be very happy with the decision to have it done.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Neck lift will address "double chin"

+1

A double chin is best addressed by a neck lift which involves direct visualization and removal of fat above and below the platysmal muscle.  Once the fat has been removed in the anterior portion of the neck, a platysmaplasty is performed to give further jaw line definition.  This involves 3 incisions that are all approximately ΒΌ of an inch long.  The first one is underneath the chin and the other 2 are behind the ears which allows access for fat removal in the front portion of the neck.  The results are long lasting since once the fat has been removed, it does not return.

Improving the appearance of a double chin

+1

You appear to be a fantastic candidate for liposuction of the chin/neck area. It is an easy procedure with a quick recovery period. The results will last long if you maintain a stable weight. From here, I would recommend a consult with a board certified specialist who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the finla result may appear. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Neck Liposuction With Possible Submentoplasty

+1

You would do well with liposuction of the neck. Its permanency would be determined by the stability of your weight. You may also consider a submentoplasty where fat is taken out from under the platysma muscle and the muscle tightened as well. That may more effectively give a sharper neck angle as all of the fat that is giving you fullness is probably not just under the skin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Laser liposuction of the chin/neck

+1

You can improve significantly the chin/neck contour with laser-assisted lipolysis. This procedure is typically performed in the office under local anesthesia. The recovery is about 1 to 2 weeks. As long as you maintain an active lifestyle and keep your weight stable, your result should also be long lasting.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Submental Liposuction

+1

Hi,

You can easily remedied the double chin with a liposuction. It can be done under local anasthesia and cost around $2500. Recovery time is quick and you may need a day or two off from work.

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Options for treating a "double chin"

+1

This is a great question. For someone in their 20s with good skin tone, favorable anatomy and mild to moderate buildup of fatty tissue in the neck/ chin area, liposuction is a very good treatment option. The procedure is minimally invasive and requires three small incisions (two behind each earlobe) and one under the chin. The procedure can be performed under local anesthesia or IV sedation. In properly selected patients, like yourself, liposuction can produce very nice improvement in the neck with minimal downtime. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction to the Neck

+1

Liposuction of the chin/neck area is a great procedure for patients with the same concerns as you. You are young and will achieve great results. Liposuction will give you a more defined jaw line and reduce the fullness under your chin. The results can be permanent as long as weight is maintained.

Leo Lapuerta, MD