Firmer on Top?

I got 275 cohesive gel unders 9 months ago. I slightly bo on my right, now my left feels firmer, but only on the top half, bottom and sides are soft. When I hug someone or lay down, my rt squishes right down, and my left feels firmer, I notice the implant whereas the right I don't. It moves freely, so I'm not sure if it's cc or my muscle. It sometimes feels like the muscle is "gripping" the implant. I wasn't told to massage, but I do move it around to make sure it moves.

Cohesive Implants and One Breast Harder than the Other

+1

If one breast is harder than the other after implants were placed 9 months prior, the plastic surgeon should perform an exam to determine if there is capsular contracture.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Implant firmness

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what is going on. Could it be a capsular contracture?  perhaps?  Follow closely with your surgeon.

One Breast Implant Firmer than the Other?

+1

For the most precise advice, you will be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Having said that,  one of our concerns when a patient reports any change in firmness… is the possibility of early encapsulation of breast implants. Again, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to make this diagnosis and recommend treatment if this is found to be the case.

On the other hand, it is not uncommon for patients to report that one breast implant “behaves” differently than the other;  this may be related to a difference in breast implant  positioning on one side versus the other ( for example, breast implants relationship to overlying pectoralis muscle).

Breast implants getting firm

+1

Interesting question. You may have capsular contracture. Capsular contracture happens when scar tissue around a breast implant thickens, distorting the breast shape and making it more firm. The implant often appears to be too high. This can happen soon after surgery or years later. 

Capsular contracture does not necessarily require treatment. If there is minimal distortion, many choose not to do anything. If the breast becomes significantly misshapen, surgery can improve the situation by removing scar tissue to soften the breast.

Definitely follow up with your plastic surgeon to get this checked out.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon