A Firm Point in the Nasal Tip, Is It Permanent?

Hi everyone, I had primary rhino/septoplasty done almost one year ago. I have noticed recently now ( past 2 months) that " most" all the swelling is gone ( except in the morning, that in my nasal tip it is still firm. And if I palpitate it, I can fell a small firm "point" in the very front of my tip. I cannot really see it, unless I smile and then i can see the color change where it is, my skin goes a little white there. So will this resolve? Is it typical? Thanks for feedbacK!

Post rhinoplasty tip firmness

+2
You may be seeing a small point under the skin where the nasal cartilage is sticking up a little bit in your tip. I would go and see your surgeon and discuss your concerns. He /she should put your mind at ease and should be able to give you an ample diagnosis. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Recovery after rhinoplasty: What to expect after rhinoplasty surgery

+1

The changes you are experiencing after rhinoplasty are not uncommon and represent the normal changes post surgery.  I would recommend massage and observation in the initial period before any type of surgical revision. 

Firm Point in Nasal Tip Post Rhinoplasty

+1

The "white" spot may be secondary to compromised skin circulation caused by pressure from a sharp edge in the underlying tip cartilage. It is not an emergency because the problem is not seen under normal circumstances, but I would discuss this with your surgeon. A minor revision should be considered to avoid a permanent  change in the skin after years of pressure.

Firm point on tip after rhinoplasty

+1

You may be feeling an edge of tip cartilage. An in person exam would give more information. A visit with your surgeon would be the best next step to get it checked out.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

Firm point in the tip after rhinoplasty

+1

There may be an imperfection in the tip cartilage which you can feel, and if you can't see it, there may not be a problem. Have you surgeon take a look.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Firm point after rhinoplasty.

+1

This is probably tip cartilage. See your surgeon since he knows what he did and can reassure you so you don't worry.