Solution for Firm Lump Near Blepharoplasty Incision?

I had upper and lower bleph 3 weeks ago. Swelling and bruising seems to be gone but as swelling went away, a ridge of firm "tissue" has became visible. It is slightly below the incision line and is about 3/4" long and 1/8" to 1/4" thick. It feels different to the touch than surrounding skin and is definitely noticable and looks more yellowish than surrounding tissue.

Is this a lump of repositioned fat that didn't do right? What can I do about it? I am already massaging the lower lid due to asymmetry, but this bulge seems to be getting more solid.

Post Blepharoplasty "lump"

+1

It is likely that the "ridge" you are talking about is just a resolving small hematoma or just some scar tissue and should resolve in time.  Although gentle massage is helpful, do not overdo it and use a skin lubricant to avoid irritating the region.  Let us know if this doesn't resolve.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Massage Blepharoplasty lump first

+1

The best thing to do early in the healing process is to perform massaging of the lower lid and wait for this area to resolve. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/eyelid-surgery/

Could be a lot of things

+1

The bulge could be caused by several different things. To narrow it down, I would need to know more details about your surgery. Where were the incisions? What procedures were done at the same time? Did you have fat grafting, or fat repositioning?

It could be a suture that hasn't dissolved and your body is reacting to. If so, it usually resolves on its own.

By 3 weeks after surgery (where you said that you are when writing this question), things are usually settling down, - not the other way around.

I'm afraid I can't advise you on how to treat it without knowing what it causing the problem. I suggest you return to your surgeon for further evaluation. Best wishes!

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon