What Can I Do to Firm Up my Jaw Line Without a Face Lift?

I had a face lift 10 years ago and I like the way I look except for my jaw line. It needs to be firmed up but I don't want to have another facelift at this time.

Methods to firm up sagging jawline without surgery

+1

If your jawline is starting to sag after facelift, you may have at least 4 options:

1. ulthera - noninvasive way to tightening the skin via collagen production.  This modality is different than laser.  It uses ultrasound to transmit heat to the deeper layers of the skin.  In response to the injury from the heat, the skin creates collagen..
  2. liposuction - liposuction is especially helpful if your sagging is due to fat deposits.  Laser liposuction has the advantage of tightening the skin at the same time.  In our practice, we offer SlimLipo.
  3. fillers - these can smooth the transition between the chin and the jowl, particularly if the jowl is due to loose skin.  Even filler placed in the cheekbone area can redrape the skin, softening jowls.
  4. laser and light - IPL or ablative laser treatments treat the surface of the skin (in contrast to Ulthera, which treats the deeper layers).

Talk to your doctor to see what would be best for your particular situation.  

Houston Dermatologist

Neck and jaw line liposuction

+1

By firming up I assume you mean a stronger more visible jawline. Unless you a lot of loose skin a facelift alone will not do this. In some cases liposuction just under the jawline can create a slight concavity that makes the jawline more prominent. This obviously does not work in every patient. The only other options are jaw surgery, jaw implants and to some degree injectable fillers.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

How to firm up the jawline without a facelift

+1

This can be approached from several different directions separately or together depending on what is the reason for the jawline skin looseness, for lack of a better word.

The first thing I would suggest is to have skin tightening done with a noninvasive modality like IPL SkinTyte or with Thermage.  After 2-3 sessions the improvements can be significant.

The other approach is to look at why the excess skin is there to begin with.  Is there a significant amount of volume loss in the midface?  If there is soft tissue, fat or bone loss in the upper and midface, the skin just descends because it lost its support.  Dermal biostimulating fillers, like Sculptra may be the way to go to provide more volume for both the structures above like the temples and cheeks, as well as fill in defects in the jawline.

Both Sculptra and Skintyte induce new collagen formation in the dermis, helping firm up the skin.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon