Still Disappointed in Lower Blepharoplasty Result? (photo)

I had a lower blepharoplasty about 3 months ago and it was unfortunately done by transcutaneous method. I am definitely not happy with the result. My eye shape has changed quite a bit. The eyelids also feel tight, expecially the right one, perhaps there was too much of skin removed as well as too much fat. Both corners seem for me to be pulled down. Is there any means to restore the eye shape and fullness of the midface? I´m not in a hurry, hence I wan´t to punish my self for bad decision

DISAPPOINTING byVillar

+2

Over aggressive removal of skin on lower lid is well intentioned but not prudent.  The common misconception is that by pulling up the skin, the fine wrinkles will disappear.  Instead, the lower lid is pulled down distorting the eyelid to varying degrees.  Choose your surgeons carefully.  You may get lucky with time.  Do not attempt surgical repairs for at least a year or whenever the wound matures and is soft and pliable.  Best Wishes. Knowledge is power.  Luis F. Villar MD FACS

Healing after lower eyelid surgery

+1

I can understand your concerns but rest assured, you will continue to see changes in your healing and softening in the areas of concern for the next few months (even after 6m) to the point that I feel you will be happy with your results. Hang in there and don't rush into a revision.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

I think your concerns are on point.

+1

You are only 3 months out so thing are likely to further soften over time.  Still you have a lower eyelid hollow and your eyelid contour has been abnormally altered.  I think you could have a lot of help with orbital rim fillers which will very much help your appearance.  There are many surgical options to improve your situation.  Generally it is best to wait a full year to undertake a surgical revision.  Also be wary of surgeon who offer to perform a lateral canthal surgery to fix your issue.  I assure you that these surgeon are certain that this will help but it won't and it can actually make the situation much worse.

Lower blepharoplasty

+1

Hello. The tightness in your lower eyelids should improve with time as the scars mature. You can start massaging the outer corner of the lower eyelids upward to help loosen the tight skin. I suspect you will note a significant improvement in the tightness over the next 6-9 months. Hollowing near the orbital rim can be improved with Restylane injections. Make sure to seek out someone who is experienced with this procedure. I am hopeful you will be a lot happier after a few months and some filler injections. Best of luck.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon