I have a dent and piggy nose after rhinoplasty. What could be done? (photo)

I had my open rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago, and I know my nose is still healing and this isn't the final result. I had a hump remowed and the nose narrowed, and also the tip got shorten. Now I have a dent on my bridge, but my biggest worry is how my nose looks from the side. It looks like a piggy nose! Before the operation the angle of my tip was good, but now the tip is "standing up" and I hate it. Do I need a revision or is the dent and the piggy angle going to vanish along the healing process?

I have a dent and piggy nose after rhinoplasty. What could be done?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Nose angle

+1

Obviously you are very early post surgery and to some degree your tip should drop.. If after a sufficient time for healing it has not the good news is that it can be corrected and I have done that for several patients whose initial surgeon over rotated and shortend the tip. That was the fashion in the past

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon