Juvederm Ultra Plus for Indented Smile Lines?

Hi. I Have Fine Lines (Nasolabial Area) or Smile Lines, with a Minor Indentation. These lines look more pronounced when I wear make up. I consulted a well known doctor and she suggested Juvederm Ultra Plus (1 syringe on both sides) of total 0.8. Kindly advise if the Ultra Plus is an ideal choice for my kind of fine lines. I am 33 years of age.Thanks.

Juvederm Ultra Plus for Smile Lines

+2

Hello and thank you for the question.

Juvederm Ultra Plus is an excellent choice for the management of the smile lines. It would be helpful to have photos to review so that a more detailed opinion could be provided for you. I would advise you to find a clinician with vast experience using injectable fillers as the quality of result will be closely correlated with the experience of the injector.

Kindest Regards, 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Radiesse, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Los Angeles Radiesse, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Juvederm

+1

We use all the fillers to treat and fill the nasolabial folds.

For indented or deep smile lines also called nasolabial folds you may consider:

• Radiesse
  • Perlane
  • Juvederm Ultra Plus

All of these are thicker fillers than Juvederm and should give greater filling effects to the folds.  Radiesse is the tickest, of these fillers and can sometimes leave a visible cord-like effect in the nasolabial folds in patients with thin skin whenever the patient smiles...so if you have thin skin, you want to try either Juverm Ultra Plus or Perlane.

Juvederm - smile lines

+1

Juvederm is great for the smile lines.  I completely know where you're coming from! I'm 34 and just started noticing my nasolabial folds deepening as well, especially in photos when I'm smiling!  I've been doing subtle filing in this area for a lot of my patients who are young like you and they are very pleased with the results.  I would recommend you go to an experienced injector and make sure you have good communication with them so they know what results you are hoping to achieve.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Juvederm Ultra Plus works well for smile lines

+1

Juvederm is an excellent choice for nasolabial lines, around the corners of the mouth, and into the marionette lines. It is soft and flows in fairly easily and provides good correction. Because of the dynamic nature of the mouth, the correction will not last a whole year as it might in some other areas. You can consider a touch-up or a booster treatment 8 to 9 months later.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Juvederm ultra plus

+1

Juvederm ultra plus is a nice filler to use on the nasolabial folds to soften the indentation that accompanies aging.

Juvederm Ultra injection to the lips

+1

Juvederm Ultra would be an excellent choice for static wrinkles in the perioral area.  Dynamic wrinkles while puckering or smoking may not disappear with this treatment.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Juvaderm Ultraplus for Smile Lines

+1

Juvaderm ultraplus does represent a good choice for filling nasolabial folds or smile lines.  It, however is necessary to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist  as it is impossible to make a good recommendation without photos. 

Stephen Delia, MD

Is Juvederm Ultra Plus a good filler for shallow nasolabial folds?

+1

Of the two Juvederm products, Ultra and Ultra Plus, the one best suited for nasolabial folds is the Ultra Plus.  It is a more robust filler and works well for areas where a deeper injection is required.

If your smile likes are shallow, then one syringe divided into two sides sounds like a good place to start.  You can always add more later if you decide you need more correction.

Also, if the smile lines are more visible when you wear makeup and are fine lines, it is possible that your skin is not getting enough moisture or the makeup is drying it too much.

Consider using a concealer with a moisturizer under your makeup.

Emily Altman, MD
Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Restylane for smile folds

+1

I am concerned that without a photo and in-person examination it is not possible to recommend which filler or amount of filler to use for you. What doesn't make sense is that you mention a fine line in which makeup settles. That seems to indicate that you need very little superficial filler so that Juvederm Ultraplus might be too thick and that one syringe would be enough for most people with fine lines for both sides.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm an excellent option for nasolabial grooves, in an experienced surgeon's hands

+1

In-person evaluation is necessary for proper recommendations, but you mentioned seeing an experienced physician.  In the USA I would recommend an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, dermatologist or ENT.

In my practice, we frequently use Juvederm Ultra Plus for this area of the face.  At age 33 you may have mild lines and 0.8ml may be sufficient of both sides, although 2 syringes are often better for patients naso-labial grooves.

The experience of the doctor doing the treatments is more important than the product they chose to use.  Other HA fillers can give good results as well.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon