52 Years Old: Best Treatment for Under Eye Fine Lines?

What is The Best Treatment for Under Eye Fine Lines?

+1

Crepey, lower eyelid skin can be improved, but in my opinion it can't be removed permanently. The recommended treatment plan would depend upon the patient's age, the degree of wrinkling in the lower eyelid skin and the degree of improvement the patient desires. Perhaps the easiest way to improve these lines would be as follows with the less invasive option first.

FIRST CHOICE

• BOTOX injection on the side of the lid.
    •A topical Tripeptide, Stemcell product used twice per day to maintain the results
    SECOND CHOICE
  • For the older patient with significant lower eyelid wrinkling, that is seeking a longer lasting improvement, I recommend a more aggressive approach:
  • Laser Resurfacing of the lower lid and an aggressive skin care maintenance program including a Tri-Peptide Wrinkle Reducing Serum. In most cases this approach can improve the wrinkles of the lower lid by 40 to 70%.
    THIRD OPTION
  • For the younger patient with less eyelid wrinkling and tear trough issues I would avoid lower lid blepharoplasty and suggest the following.
  • Profractional Laser or Pellevé three times per year
  • Tri-peptide Cell Activator (topical), a dermal filler (Restylane) placed in the tear trough will soften the folds of the lower lid.

• Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Recommendations for Treatment for Fine Lines Under Eyes

+1

Botox is great for treating crow’s feet at the sides of the eyes, but it won’t treat the fine lines under your eyes. CO2 laser can shrink the tissue up to 30 percent. This will tighten the skin and can offer great results for reducing the appearance of fine lines under the eyes. I think you’ll be happy with the laser.

Timothy Jochen, MD
    Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Minor surgery for eyes

+1

Minor lid surgery permanently gets rid of those small fine lines Under the eyes. Creams do not last and lasers do not tighten the skin much.

Nasimul Huq, MD
    Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon