Fine Line and Crepy Skin on Upper Right Cheek Help Please

Hi,The texture of my right cheek is very different to my left cheek. The skin is crepy and I have one fine line that runs from below my tear trough down. You can only really see this line in over head lighting. I have been to a clinic and they told me its my tear trough which only fillers will solve. The thing is I guess I do have a tear trough but it doesn't really bother me. I want to avoid fillers if at all possible. I just one the right side to look like my left side. Any ideas?thanks,J

Treating fine lines

+1

There are several options to treating the fine line you describe. First, a filler would be my treatment of choice, but if you'd like to avoid this, you could start with a prescription tretinoin or vitamin-C based cream for 6 months and see if you're sufficiently happy with the results. Otherwise, a fractionated laser such as ProFractional laser might be an option as well after proper assessment.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for Tear Troughs and Crepy Skin

+1

Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are the best options for treatment of tear troughs and the fine lines emanating from that area. Other methods are likely to be less effective, would have more "down time", and would probably be more expensive. Tretinoin cream is usually your best option for crepy skin and is a nice, inexpensive long-term treatment.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

FIllers great for lines

+1

I am not sure why you wish to avoid fillers as they are the best option to fill the line bothering you.  When done correctly they are also instant with no downtime.  Your other options would be topicals (Retinoids) and possible laser resurfacing, which would have more downtime than the fillers.  The topicals will not erase the line as the fillers will though.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Alabama Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment Options for Fine Lines

+1

The available treatment options for treating fine lines and crepe like skin include topical agents such as the retinoids and hyaluronic acids; fillers; skin resurfacing with a laser; and surgery.  Fillers are a great, low risk option for this area.  Done well, the procedure is invisible and the results excellent.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon