Finding an Oculoplastic Surgeon in Poland?

I'm a 51-year-old male. I have droopy eyebrows, droopy upper eyelids (ptosis) and a lower lateral canthus. I need a brow lift, a blepharoplasy, and a canthoplasty. As medical tourism is now very popular there are many clinics advertising their services in Poland but I don't want my eyes to be operated by any eye doctor. I want to find a highly experienced and respected oculoplastic surgeon with many years of practise. I'd appreciate getting input and referals from doctors and patients.

You make a huge mistake trying to pick a surgeon just by credentials.

+1

I am an oculoplastic surgeon so no one can accuse me of being biased against oculoplastic surgoens.  What you are asking about is a surgeon who does great periocular aesthetic surgery.  I personally believe that oculoplastic surgeons can make great periocular aesthetic surgeons.  However, the training alone is not sufficient.  An oculoplastic surgeon who does nothing but reconstructive surgery may be quite good at fixing your upper eyelid ptosis. WIll they be great at fixing your overall facial aesthetics?  It really depends on the energy and time they have spent mastering aesthetic surgery.  It is not sufficient then to simply be fellowship trained in oculoplastic surgery.  It is the same really with general plastic surgeons.  Board certification in plastic surgeon does not mean that you have developed the aesthetic judgement or have the experience to perform great eyelid surgery.  This fact is what causes many people to travel from Europe for aesthetic surgical care in the United States.  ESOPRS and ASOPRS website do not list any oculoplastic surgeons in Poland.  You might go on these sites and look at these directories.  Ultimately you need to look beyond fellowship training and look at what the surgeon actually does.  Please be careful.