Finding a Doctor Experienced in Nasal Tip Deprojections?

I seem to be having an especially hard time finding doctors that are experienced in doing tip deprojections along the mid-to-upper east coast area. I know this is not a very common procedure, so I am seeking someone who's done a number of these. I wish to have my nasal tip deprojected a few millimeters and an even slighter change to my bridge height in order to get a 'smaller' looking nose. The only issue I have is with my profile. Any help is very appreciated!

Nasal Tip Deprojection

+1
Deprojecting the tip can be reliably performed in a custom-tailored fashion. The techniques used depend on how much deprojection you desire and whether you wish to change or preserve other areas of the nose. Surgeons whose practices are significantly focused on rhinoplasty and who perform150-200 or more nasal procedures per year will typically have a good subset of their patients having undergone tip deprojection. If you would like to see many examples of deprojection performed by me, or if you wish to be placed in contact with patients who have had tip deprojection, I would welcome you to schedule a consultation to evaluate your anatomy and to determine your particular goals.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deprojection can be a tricky maneuver

+1

I am not so sure why you are having such a difficult time finding a reputable surgeon in your area. Please look for individuals well versed in rhinoplasty and who carry board certification from the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Deprojection can be a tricky maneuver because the support and rotation of the tip are always affected. Scarring can lead to untoward outcomes and your surgeon should be able to predict and compensate for these forces. Of course only an in-person consultation can let you know if your expectations can be met. Good Luck!

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and tip deprojection

+1

Tip deprojection can be accomplished with several different maneuvers really based upon the specific causes. An in-office exam is key to determien what is appropriate for you.

Dejection of tip

+1

Veih, tip deprojection is a common procedure. Sounds to me you are having problems finding experienced rhinoplasty surgeons! Simply do your homework, get on the Internet and find facial plastic/plastic surgeons that routinely perform rhinoplasty. How do you find this out? Look at there photos, they should have a lot of them. I would also choose someone who has a minimum of 10 years of experience as time and repetition are the best teachers. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding a doctor experienced in doing tip deprojections

+1

Deprojecting the nasal tip is a fairly common procedure in rhinoplasty. Depending on the amount of deprojecting, this can be achieved in many ways. It would best that you seek out a surgeon who has a high volume rhinoplasty practice as he or she would be best equipped to get your desired nasal shape.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for de-projection of the nose

+1

Rhinoplasty for it de-projecting the nose is fairly common  for an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. There are multiple techniques to de-project the overly projecting nose, but is important to make sure the nose components balance with themselves and nose balance is with your facial features. Please see the link of below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery below  where we have de-projected  several overly projected noses

Tip deprojection

+1

Veih,

I would not say this is an uncommon procedure in my practice.  There are a number of techniques that can be used to achieve de-projection of the tip.  I would be happy to take a look if you don't mind driving to Richmond.  You can check out my website to get some idea of what we do.  We have digital imaging software so we can show you what the nose might look like after surgery.  Thanks!

Check out patient #3 in my photo gallery under rhinoplasty...

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip deprojection.

+1

Nasal tip deprojection is done well by very experienced rhinoplasty surgeons frequently. It is done poorly by inexperienced surgeons who do not support the tip and endue with a polybeak--Look at their work.

+1

Dear Veih,

Thank you for your question.  I'm sure you can find a number of surgeons in your area for reducing the tip projection.  Look in realself and look at the before and after photos of the surgeon, and find one or two that you like to visit.  We are, of course, always willing to see you as a fly in.  The following link is an example of such a surgery.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon