Doctor Recommendation for Drastic Rhinoplasty

I would like to have my nose much thinner, less projected and with a slightly curved bridge and straight tip. I dislike my nose very much and would like to have it drastically changed. Is this too much to ask for in one rhinoplasty operation?

"Drastic" Rhinoplasty

+3

Your hump can be removed and your nose narrowed and refined with a single rhinoplasty operation. I would not call your procedure "drastic".

I agree with Dr. Rand

+2

The worst photo as an example for a rhinoplasty will be that of Michael Jackson. You also look too young to make a DRASTIC change to your nose that you might regret for the rest of your life. You certainly can have your nose improved, but be conservative.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Changing your nose (and your face)

+1

Rhinoplasty can always seem drastic because it can significantly change the way you look.  Your nose is not just a hump, and to give a refined result that fits the features of your face, you would have dorsal hump removal, medial and lateral osteotomies, spreader graft placement, radix graft and tip refinement.  You may also require nostril narrowing if you are looking to have a much smaller nose.  Based on your photos, I would also recommend a medium sized chin implant. 

You have correctly recognized that your operation would not be a "simple" one and should only be performed by someone with expertise who also understands your goals.

In consultation, it is helpful to have your surgeon perform digital imaging so that you can see a realistic impression of what can be achieved and voice any additional goals or concerns you may have. 

Approach this decision carefully because your best chance at achieving the improvement that you desire is the first surgery.  The complexity of rhinoplasty is much greater in revision cases. All the best!

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Drastic rhinoplasty

+1

Don't be so critical of yourself. The changes you are seeking are common among many of my patients and can surely be accomplished with a routine, not drastic rhinoplasty. Your profile can be lowered and you can have some width and tip refinement as well. Go for a consultation with computer imaging to better visualize yourself with a "new nose".

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty - Nose job

+1

Based on your photographs, you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  The nose should blend into the face and appear un-operated so that viewers concentrate on your eyes, lips, and hair.  The nose should not look "drastic", or noticeable, but natural and non-distracting to the rest of the face.  See the attached video and website for photos.  

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't go for a "drastic" rhinoplasty

+1

From your photos, all you need is a dorsal hump reduction, maybe some infracturing.  Don't ever go "drastic" with any plastic surgery, especially rhinoplasty.  I'd suggest you visit 3 excellent rhinoplasty surgeons in your area for their opinions.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS