How Do I Find a Surgeon That Does Cohesive Gel (Gummy Breast Implants)?

I live in Oregon. I am a mastectomy patient.

Pro's and Con's of gummy bear implants

+2

I believe that Dr. Jewell in Eugene is participating in the study for Allergan so if that is convenient you may wish to look him up. Whomever you see, I would encourage you to keep an open mind and learn as much about implants as you can. The widely held belief about gummy bear implants is that they have the advantage of a cohesive gel, so there is no leakage if the implant shell breaks down; however, the gel in implants used now is also cohesive, just softer. Some feel that they feel more natural, but every circumstance is different.

Go to the Mentor breast implant website

+1

Loveyourlook.com will list all the Plastic surgeons in your area that use Mentor implants.  Most reconstructive breast surgeons use the gummy-bear implants. 

I would ask your general surgeon who he/she would send his/her wife/relative to for breast reconstruction. 

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon

Finding a plastic surgeon in Oregon

+1

I went to the loveyourlook.com website (the mentor website) and found that the nearest location to you for a board certified plastic surgeon is in Pasco WA which is about 1.5 hours from you.

I went to the ASPS website for plasticsurgeons and could not locate any plastic surgeons in your area but you may want to visit this website at plasticsurgery.org and plug in larger cities to which you are willing to travel.

Go to the Mentor or McGhan Web site

+1

They may have something for you.  also look at the lookingyourbest.com website.

During your search, be sure to look for a doctor in your area that has a passion for reconstruction.  You may also want to consult with your mastectomy doctor and find out a recommendation that way.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD