How Does One Find the Right Doctor for Laser Liposuction?

I'm looking for an experienced doctor that is respected & reputable.

Finding the Right Surgeon?

+1

I  am  sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The surgeons will generally be well-versed in a  variety of procedures that may be indicated based on your examination and goals.

Laser liposuction

+1

The question of whether to do laser or conventional or ultrasonic liposuction is controversial. There may be some data that may eventually show safety and effectiveness in one of these procedures over the other, but all must involve the aspiration of fat via liposuction. The additional energies used may or may not add benefit to the procedure depending on your individual condition of your skin and fatty tissue. The additional energies may or may not add risk to the procedure.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Right doctor for laser liposuction

+1

Consults, check if a plastic surgeon who is boarded, amount of experience, which laser lipo unit is being used are just of few issues you should be aware of.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Liposuction choices

+1

Choosing the right doctor is key.  There are many types of liposuction equipment and techniques. I have used most of them. The safest  is traditional.  I always tell patients it is not the wand but the magician waving the wand that creates the magic.  Good luck!

Choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

+1

The best liposculpture surgeons know that the machine doesn't make the result.  I do many liposuction patients with suction assisted liposuction and power assisted liposuction machine from MicroAire.  The laser has not been beneficial for patients and actually has been very disappointing.   They market well to unsuspecting patients....but we all know it is the surgeon that makes the results. Not the machine.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so you can have the best results.

Good  Luck.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Most plastic surgeons do not use laser liposuction

+1

I answered your other question.  Lots of doctors do liposuction. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Type of liposuction that is "best".

+1

Choose the surgeon, not the machine type! You can get good and bad results from all forms of liposuction. Laser sounds better, but the results are the same. Choose an experienced liposuction surgeon, not marketing hype.

Choosing the surgeon for liposuction is more important than the technology

+1

The first question is why have you decided on laser liposuction? There is a lot of misleading marketing going on with laser lipo, but the claimed benefits have not been demonstrated in scientific studies to the same degree. It is far more important to find a qualified surgeon for liposuction, especially where the use of lasers is concerned because of the risk of burns. Remember that liposuction is surgery. My suggestion would be to find a board-certified plastic surgeon, and a good place to start is plasticsurgery.org.

Richard Baxter, MD