How do I find a reputable cosmetic surgeon in my area?

Choosing a plastic surgeon.

+1

1. Make sure the doctor is board certified.

2. Check their malpractice and professional misconduct records.

3. Make sure they have hospital privileges.

4. Don't be afraid to ask many questions about the doctor and his/her experience pertaining           to the procedures you are interested in.

5. Check if the operating facility is accredited.

6. Be aware of false advertisements.

7. See more than one surgeon for consultation.

+1

The link that RealSelf posted should be very helpful for you. In general you will want to meet with surgeons until you find someone you trust who does good work as evidenced by their before and after photos. Don't consider a ton of advertising to be the mark of a reputable or highly skilled surgeon. You might also consider asking friends and family for recommendations if any of them have undergone eyelid surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon