How Can I Find out if my Immune System is Reacting to my Saline Implants?

I've been sick since my implantation two years ago--fatigue, inability to exercise (pre-surgery 1 hour daily), vision affected etc. Any stress--physical or emotional drains what energy I have. Now having adrenal and thyroid issues which have been addressed, but I can't get well. Something is taxing my body--I think my immune system may be attacking my implants. When I pierced my ears, I developed a metal allergy. Maybe a similar reaction to the implants. I have exhausted other possibilities.

Is your body rejecting your implants?

+2

I am sorry that you are having such difficulties with your health.  It is unlikely, but certainly not impossible, that your implants are causing an 'allergic' reaction. 

There was a great debate about this type of problem 20 years ago relating to silicone gel implants.  The scientific community, doctors and, even the FDA, have concluded that there is little evidence to suggest allergic-type reactions to sterile foreign bodies, such as pace makers, breast implants or hip implants. 

You may need to consider removing the implants altogether to completely eliminate this as a cause.

I wish you all the best.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Autoimmune Disease

+1

I truly regret your medical condition but the overwhelming scientific evidence has repeatedly and soundly disproven te concept of breat implant associated autoimmune disease. In the tens of studies published since 1991, autoimmune and other disorders were not found to be associated with breat implants. In my experience many women with your symptomatology are often reluctant to believe these facts. If this s the case, you may wish to proceed with breast implant  removal. It will give you peace of mind but the odds are it is unlikely to change your medical issues. You may wish to consult several good rheumatologists for a full work up. 

Allergic to saline breast implants

+1

You are probably best to look else where for the source of your illness. There is no body of medical evidence that supports allergy to saline breast implants.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com