How Do I Find Help for a Bad Breast Lift?

3 years ago,i had a lift,implants and lipo,i look like a monster . My breast have aweful scars and my nipples are HUGE,my Dr was not compassionate about my dislike and made me cry,he offered to redo the lift for 1/2 price but why would i want him touching me again? A consult with a diffent Dr told me that he never removed enough tissue from the lift,i paid 22,000.00 for my surgery,infact i am still paying,I NEED HELP>

Poor breast lift

+2
Your scarring can be corrected with scar revision. The nipples probably appear too large because they have been stretched out by implants that are too large. See another board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. You may need an implant exchange, with or without a small lift to correct for any sagging as well as work on the nipples. I am sorry that you had an unfortunate outcome. It is important to find a plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your needs and expectations.

Improving unfavorable results after breast lift

+2

Hi,

It sounds as though the relationship between you and your plastic surgeon is damaged beyond repair. You would be better off seeing another board certified plastic surgeon with whom you have a better rapport. Be very specific about your concerns and he or she can give you honest feedback about whether or not they can help you achieve your goals.

Best of luck. All the best - Sam Jejurikar

Sam Jejurikar, MD

Finding Help for Revision Breast Surgery?

+1

Unfortunately, there is no substitute for spending significant time doing your “due diligence”;  this research will allow you to find plastic surgeons with significant experience performing revisionary breast surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

Breast lift and unhappy

+1

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the results that you obtained from your previous surgery. I think you made a good choice to get a second opinion.

Unsatisfactory results after Breast Lift

+1

I would go get some second opinions with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. You may receive opinions that things can be greatly improved. There are always risks in undergoing a cosmetic surgical procedure, these risks should have been discussed with you preoperatively. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Revisional breast surgery can help bad breast lift results

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the breast lift results that you received. These can be challenging procedures, and matching a result with a patient's high expectations is sometimes difficult to do. The breast is a resilient structure- there is certainly a surgeon out there that can salvage your breast appearance and deliver a nice result. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with some experience in revisional breast surgery.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Unfavorable outcomes in plastic or cosmetic surgery

+1

It is unfortunate when anyone has bad results from cosmetic surgery. Certainly that is not our goal. That having been said, sometimes bad scarring is unavoidable even in the best of hands and best of circumstances. I would be cautious in trusting one physicians criticism of another physician's work. We all have different techniques and approaches. Seek other board certified plastic surgeons until you feel comfortable wtih the options available to you.

Please see a board certifie plastic surgeon

+1

i am sorry about your experience and the result. The best option would be to find a board certified plastic surgeon to take care of you. i would recommend at least 3 consultation to find the right plastic surgeon for you.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Dealing with a Bad Breast Lift-Augmentation in Houston

+1

Regarding: "How Do I Find Help for a Bad Breast Lift?
3 years ago,i had a lift,implants and lipo,i look like a monster
. My breast have aweful scars and my nipples are HUGE,my Dr was not compassionate about my dislike and made me cry,he offered to redo the lift for 1/2 price but why would i want him touching me again? A consult with a diffent Dr told me that he never removed enough tissue from the lift,i paid 22,000.00 for my surgery,infact i am still paying,I NEED HELP
"

I am truly sorry for what you are going through. It sounds like you chose the wrong surgeon. People are often impressed by glitzy websites, offices, staff, TV appearances and PR and fail to follow their intuitions. If a surgeon is not attentive to you before surgery, odds are he may not be attentive to you after surgery. As a rule, after you compare training and skills always go with the surgeon who makes you feel better and who explains everything rather than the hand-on-the-door handle, 10 minute I'm-too-busy-for-my-shirt to sit down and talk to you - type surgeon.

Wide breast lift scars may be caused by poor surgical technique (too much tension by taking too much skin and or putting in a large implant which pulls things apart, your ethnic background, an infection OR your smoking or being exposed to smokers. Pulled apart large areolas and wide scars imply too much pulling on the scars NOT leaving too much skin behind. (That would be associated with rapid sagging with acceptable scars).

Look at our society's website - American Society of Plastic Surgeons plasticsurgery.org and pick several other plastic surgeons. Houston has a LOT of great Plastic surgeons and I'm sure they can correct your situation

Dr. Peter Aldea

Bad breast lift

+1

I am terribly sorry about your previous cosmetic surgery.  Breast augmentation and lifting is quite challenging and has a high percentage of reoperations.  If you are unhappy with your current result, I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing the surgical options which include revision.  I hope this helps.

DR L

Christopher K. Livingston, MD