The ASPS website would be a good starting point for a list of qualified surgeons. Christine Rohde and Christopher Chia may be possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 qualified surgeons in your area to find one that best meets your needs.
Doctor Recommendation in New York City for Breast Reduction
Doctor Answers (8)
Choosing your Surgeon?
Thank you for the question.
Check with the American Board of Plastic Surgery for plastic surgeons appropriately trained and certified practicing in your area.. This is a good place to start. Next you need to evaluate the experience level and quality of results by looking at before and after pictures and examining/talking to patients who have had similar procedures performed.
Once you have done enough due diligence research you will feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon you choose.
I hope this helps.
Breast reduction surgeon in NYC
There are many good plastic surgeons in NYC for you to have a breast reduction with. You can go the the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find one close to you. Make sure you are happy with the doctor, the staff, etc.. Check out his/her results at their website. Good luck!
You might also like...
How to pick a plastic surgeon.
Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon
1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.
2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.
3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?
4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?
5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.
6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.
7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.
8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.
9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.
10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.
How to select a plastic surgeon to perform a breast reduction
You should search for a board certified plastic surgeon at minimum. You can inquire of friends who have had the same procedure performed. You can ask your primary care doctor or ob-gyn for a few recommendations. Searching online is another way but you must check credentials. See a few plastic surgeons, check their work and determine who you feel most comfortable with including the office staff.
Breast Reduction in New York
I would suggest that you start by asking your own doctors (Derm, OB-GYN) for any recommendations. Of course, if you have a friend who's had it done that can be useful. You can also ask any beauty salon personnel you know, as they may be familiar with the surgeons near you.
I would also advise that you screen the doctors by making sure that they're board-certified, and members of ASAPS (surgery.org) and ASPS (plasticsurgery.org).
You may need to consider whether or not they accept your insurance, depending on what size you are and how much of an issue that may be for you.
Combining all of these criteria, you should be able to put together a list of surgeons whose names "just keep coming up." At that point, you can go around and visit some for consultations.
I hope that this helps, and good luck,
Choosing a surgeon for breast reduction surgery
The important considerations in choosing a plastic surgeon for breast reduction surgery are technical competence, artistic eye, surgical judgment, and experience.
The other criteria is how you interact with the plastic surgeon. Do you feel comfortable asking your questions?
Do you feel that your questions are answered in a way that you understand?
As a board certified plastic surgeon in New York City, and teacher of plastic surgeons in training, I emphasize the importance of good communication with the patients seeking consultation in my office, for the need to respond fully to patient's questions and concerns, and to provided the guidance that a patient needs to reach and informed decision about the options for treatment of their concerns.
ASPS has a directory for board certified plastic surgeons that can help you to find a plastic surgeon in your area.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.