How can I find an experienced Vitrase injector?

I called Restylane concerning lumps in my lips. They recommended Vitrase but my doctor will not do the procedure. How do you find someone that will? He referred me to someone that has accepted the appointment but the receptionist says she has never heard of dissolving restylane and thy don't use it there. He is a plastic surgeon.
Here is a link to help you find a suitable doctor

+1
I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified injector who has experience performing Vitrase injections. Consider the following board certified physicians for the treatment:

1) Facial plastic surgeon
2) Plastic surgeon
3) Dermatologist

An experienced injector generally has a good amount of experience with dissolving the filler as well. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Vitrase Injections

+1
Dissolving Restylane by Vitrase is a simple procedure.  However, if the injector has no experience with Vitrase I would go to another board certified dermatologist who has experience with this procedure.

Michele S. Green, MD

If the person doing your dermal filler is not familiar or inexperienced with Vitrase, then you need to go to a different person

+1
There are very few complications with dermal fillers.  One of them, vascular occlusion, is a very serious problem that needs to be treated as quickly as possible.  This requires the use of Vitrase or other hyaluronidase.  It they are not familiar with this, then you should consider going to another provider.  The doctor must be ready for the remote chance of having this problem.  I have written a blog about hyaluronidase, see below.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Hya

+1
You have not specified how long after the Restylane injection you continue to have lip lumps (common for upto 2 weeks post injection - which you or your doctor can firmly massage out in most cases).
Lumps or Nodules can be caused by excess filler or may be the result of inflammation and/or granuloma formation. Systemic steroids, intralesional steroids, antibiotics, and/or hyaluronidase are recommended treatment for the management of nodules & The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) has guidelines of care that discuss treatment of common and uncommon reactions to injectable fillers .
Vitrase or Hyaluronidase injections should be offered by ALL experienced & trained aesthetic practitioners - please research for a one who has the relevant experience.

Sabrina Shah-Desai, MS, FRCS
London Oculoplastic Surgeon

Finding someone to inject Vitrase / hyaluronidase

+1
It should not be difficult for you to find an experienced Vitrase injector because most practices that do a high-volume of injectables will have some on hand. I suggest calling around to various providers to inquire. The product works very quickly and is not technically challenging. Good luck. 

Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to find someone who injects hyaluronidase/Vitrase

+1
My initial response is that no one should be injecting fillers if they are also not comfortable using the products needed, like hyaluronidase/Vitrase, to remove them. That's your first sign that perhaps your initial injector may not have been all that experienced. Those of us who do fillers all the time will also have the skills and products to remove fillers and fix things. I find it frightening that so many times I see patients from other injectors who have lumps and bumps and issues, and I fix them. This isn't the way it should be. You can look on this site under "Hyaluronidase" which is the generic term for the enzyme and find someone near you with experience. "Vitrase" is a brand name.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD