How Can I Find an Experienced Surgeon That is Comfortable with Reducing Extremely Large Breast Size 42I?

My breast are currently a 42 I, The surgeons that I have recently consulted with has informed me that they are not comfortable performing surgery on breast my size, because of the possible need for skin graft. This frightens me.My situations seems too complex for the surgeons I have seen. I need this very bad.I have degenerating discs in my lower back and severe shoulder and neck pain. How can I find an experienced surgeon that knows how to preserve the vascular trunk, or save the nipple?

Breast Reduction for Extrememely Large Breasts

+1

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on breast surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

As you have heard, one of the issues associated with breast reduction for patients with very large breasts is the  potential for compromise of blood supply to the nipple/areola complexes.  often for these patients free nipple grafting  may be necessary. The downside with this operation is the concomitant loss of sensation of the nipple/areola.

However, given the description of your situation,  is very likely that you will be pleased with the benefits of the breast reduction surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Large breasts and reduction

+1

Sometimes with extremely large breasts, the nipples have to be placed on as a free graft. Many time this can be avoided but it is by a case by case review.

Free nipple graft reductions

+1

Becasue of blood flow considerations, to do a reasonable job for someone of your size it would virtyually always be necessary to do the reduction and move the nippes as skin grafts.  This is just part of what is needed for the largest breasts so make sure you meet a surgeon who has done many of these.

Extremely large breasts can be reduced safely with free nipple grafts.

+1

Hi.   These are tips on picking a plastic surgeon.  I hope you find them useful.

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique.  Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6)  Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want.  You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want.   Many  patients are eager to share their experience.  Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7)   With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED.   Very important safety assurance.

8)   Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST.  Another very important safety factor.

9)  Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care.  This can really speed recovery.