Trying to Find Experienced MD on Long Island, NY to Perform Tear Trough Filler with Blunt Canula Because It's Safer?

I live on Long Island. I'm a male in my 30's who has "tear trough deformity." I'm looking for a safe way to correct it. From my reading, it seems that using blunt canulas is the best way to acheive a good result. It would be really great if some MDs in my area could weigh in on this for me. As a patient, there seems to be many choices with a lot of conflicting information Best, thescoop

Managing tear trough deformities

+1

can be done through several different procedures.  And in general, a blunt cannula is safer than a sharp cannula and I would think most plastic surgeons would employ blunt cannulas when injecting a trough deformity.  You should be able to contact your local providers and inquire about their use of blunt cannulas.

As for the filler, dermal fillers can give you an idea if you will like the new look and if you do, consider fat grafting (but understand the risks and potential side effects) for a more pemanent result.

Use of cannula in tear trough filling

+1
I have injected fillers in the tear troughs both with and without the cannula. There is some evidence that the use of the cannula reducing bruising but, ultimately, good technique and expertise with injectible fillers is paramount in achieving a good result. I would not categorize injection without cannula as unsafe by any means. Certainly, it makes injection easier for physicians who are not, by virtue of training in dermatology or plastic surgery, inherently familiar with the procedure. There will be conflicting information about every procedure and method of performing procedures. Find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with whom you are comfortable.

Robert L. Kraft, MD