Can't Find Doctors Who Had Experience in Glabella and Philtrum Augmentation

Thank you for replying to my other question. I have consulted several doctors, but all had little or no prior experience in these two procedures, much less have pictures to show. May i ask for doctors who had experience doing glabella and philtrum augmentation to explain what kind of cartilage , grafts or implants can be used ? Can filler be used on glabella/philtrum after rib cartilage rhinoplasty?

Fillers Work. Quick, Predictable and Less Expensive Than Surgery

+1

Hi,

I assume you have had a rhinoplasty.

Consider fillers because if you are not satisfied, the material will disappear and you will not be left with an area of  permanent dissatisfaction.

Always best to try something that has little downside risk and  can be done without another visit to the operating room, right?

Certainly, you will find someone who is very specialized in nose work who could provide such service. Keep doing your homework; you are wise.

-Robert Kotler,MD, FACS

Beverly Hills, CA 

Web reference: http://revisionrhinoplastydoctor.com

Implant fillers

+1
I have used Gore-tex strips for filling both these areas. You might try injectible fillers first to see if you like the look. In either case the change is somewhat reversible. Many years ago we did a threading procedure with polyglycolic acid suture in these areas.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glabellar grafts

+1

The glabellar graft is commonly used to raise a low radix.  This is the point where the nasal dorsum meets the space between the brows.  For an individual with a low radix it is common to use a cartilage graft obtained from the nasal septum.  This is typically sutured in place.  For the philtrum any filler such as juvederm or restylane would be the preferred method of correction.  

Glabellar Philtral augmentation

+1

When I do a rhinoplasty if a patient needs a glabellar augmentation I usually use cartilage from the septum or possibly the ear.  For philtral augmentation I only use fillers such as radiesse or juvaderm or restylane.  I would not usually use bone except in unusual circumstances.  I would not use filler over a graft unless I had placed the graft and was putting in the filler.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon