How Can I Find a Doctor with Labiaplasty Experience?

I am interested in getting a labiaplasty to reduce the size of my labia minora. I know this is not a common plastic surgery procedure and want to be sure I am receiving the best care. How do I go about finding a surgeon with adequate experience? This is a very sensitive and personal area. I want to make sure I am choosing a surgeon with a solid background in labiaplasty.

Pick a surgeon who is board certified

+2

It is crucial to choose a board certified surgeon for any procedure you are looking into. The best way to determine if a surgeon is qualified is to ask them. Book many consultation appointments with various doctors and ask about his or her credentials and experience. Any surgeon who is confident in their abilities will have nothing to hide from you.

Finding a Plastic Surgeon with Labiaplasty Experience

+1

Although labiaplasty is one of the fastest growing areas of cosmetic surgery, it still lags far behind more popular procedures in the United States like Breast augmentation.  However, many plastic surgeons have taken a keen interest in this area.  Finding an American Board of Plastic Surgery Certified Plastic Surgeon is the first important step.  Then you should examine their website to see several examples of before and after photos of labiaplasty surgery that they have performed.  Finally, during your consult you can directly ask how long they have been performing the procedure and how many cases have they done.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Finding a labiaplasty surgeon in Los Angeles

+1

Verification of board certification and experience with labiaplasty procedures can both be checked on realself.  I would interview some plastic surgeons to find the one that best suits your personality and needs. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Choosing your Surgeon for Labia Reduction Surgery

+1

Best way to find a qualified surgeon is to first start with making sure they are a board certified plastic surgeon and then looking at results.  You should be able to see many examples of the surgeon's work.  Sometimes speaking with patients who have had this procedure performed also helps.

Best Plastic Surgeon for Labiaplasty

+1

"How do I pick the best Plastic Surgeon for a Labiaplasty is what you are asking. Here is my advice:
• Verify Board Certification by American Board of Plastic Surgery (do this online) or OB/GYN
• Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery (requirements beyond Board Certification) if a plastic surgeon
Member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (indicates extensive experience                     in aesthetic surgery - see below link)
• Look at online review sites - like RealSelf, Health Grades,RateMDs, Google, et

• Look at Before and After photos

• Directly ask their experience  in labiaplasty
  • What is your instinct or "gut reaction" as to who I relate to better, answers my questions more fully   and who I basically trust the most.

• Finally ask yourself - if I was to have a complication, who would be the best to take care of me.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS