Can I Find a Doctor for Breast Augmentation with Sillicon Implants in NJ, NY, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn for $6000?

Penny Wise, Pound Foolish

+1

There are many complaints of patients requiring multiple surgeries to get it right. Now all surgeons have to redo a procedure every so often, but you want a doctor with experience who makes you comfortable. if you pick purely on cost, you may be very sad at the end.

See several physicians and weigh your confidence and comfort level versus cost.

Breast Augmentation Costs

+1

The cost of breast augmentation does between geographic regions of the unites states. Although cost should be a concern, quality and having it done well the first time will save you time, heart ache, and money in the long run. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss your breast augmentation surgery. Alternatively you can travel to other geographic regions. In Florida the average price of silicone breast augmentation is between $5000-$6500.  Hope that helps - Ankit Desai

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Can I Find a Doctor for Breast Augmentation with Sillicon Implants in NJ, NY, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn for

+1

Probably - but the question is whether that's a good idea.

Costs vary widely from area to area, and the costs for a breast enlargement are usually much higher than that in the parts of the country you're talking about.  I would advise you to go for several consultations and then to make a decision after that.  Cost is certainly one of the factors, and it may be a limiting one.  But it should not be the only factor, and you would have to wonder how you are able to have a procedure such as this if you find it at significantly lower rates than what the general market indicates.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Cost of Breast Implants in New York

+1

The cost of a breast augmentation in the New York area range from $8000-$10000, but you can definitely find breast implants being advertised for lower, including the $6000 range.  Just remember you get what you pay for.   Breast implants aren't something you should be "bargain hunting" for.   

Someone advertising way below everyone else should be a red flag to you.  There are fixed costs to doing business in the New York area. In order for that person to reduce the price so much, they have to cut costs from something else.  Do not compromise with your health. You may regret it and end up spending much more down the line.

To make it more affordable, many plastic surgeons offer financing so you can break it up into affordable payments.  

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/

Breast augmentation costs

+1

Everyone understands that cost comes into the equation when considering any aesthetic surgical procedure but is should never be the number one consideration.  Value for your money is paramount.  Ask for recommendations from friends and go for a consultation with a  plastic surgeon in your area.   

Cost of Breast Implants

+1

Unfortunately the cost of living and thus of doing business is very high where you live. And going for low bid on surgery may not be a good choice. There are financing programs available for cosmetic surgery and you may want to look into that. Another choice would be to stay with a friend or relative in another part of the country and have your surgery done there. Of course the problem with a plan like that would come up if you have any complications or need more surgery. You would have more travel expenses to go back and see that doctor because the local surgeons will not want to have to deal with someone elses complications, as you can understand.

$6000 implants in NYC

+1

You probably could find someone to do that for you in NYC, but caveat emptor( buyer beware!)  don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. You have to wonder why a surgeon would do it for that price in the city. The cost in Manhattan is usualy between $8-10,000 and sometimes more.  You may be paying more in the end to get it fixed if you are not careful. 

Yes, you can find a doctor based on cost

+1

Yes, you can find a doctor based on cost but I do not think it is the best approach. Cost for breast augmentation varies doctor to doctor and region to region but the average cost in your area should be similar among surgeons. That reflects a need to stay competitive but also factors in the minimum costs the doctor incurs to actually be able to do the surgery - implant cost, anesthesia cost, cost to use surgery facility, etc. Cost of living in your area is also a factor. In general breast augmentation is more expensive in places it is more expensive to live.

One thought is to have the surgery elsewhere in the U.S., like someplace you have family living where you can stay, recover, and help you if needed. The main problem with this, however, is difficulty following up from far away if you have problems or need to see your surgeon.

Moving away from cost, I recommend that you also focus on qualification, board-certification, and experience of the surgeon.  If you get a bad result by picking a surgeon that offers bargain basement pricing, you may end up paying a lot more in the long run to have it fixed or have your malpositioned implants removed.

See at least three plastic surgeons. Get prices. See who you like and go forward from there.

Cost for Breast Augmentation in NYC

+1

When looking at the cost for breast augmentation, you must consider the actual cost of the implant ($1800-2000), the cost for anesthesia and operating room ($2000-3000), and then the surgeon fee. These fees may vary among surgeons.  Unfortunately, I am confident that you will not find a board certified plastic surgeon in NYC who will perform your breast augmentation for $6000 total cost.  The average cost in NYC is around $9000-10,000.  If you do find a surgeon who is only charging $6000, I recommend running...not walking...away.  They will most likely call themselves a "cosmetic surgeon" which is NOT a board certified plastic surgeon. As others have said, you get what you pay for. In my practice, I perform a large number of complex revisions on women who have had poor breast augmentations elsewhere and the cost for revisional surgery is often significantly more than the orginal surgery. Do it right the first time.  If yo cannot afford the fees for a proper breast augmenation, than perhaps you should wait until you are in a better spot financially, instead of risking your health and your life.

Cost Shouldn't Be Final Determinate In Augmentation

+1

The cost of surgery should not be the final determinate in deciding on the surgeon to perform your breast augmentation.  Although you could obtain an augmentation with silicone implants in Louisville for the price you seek, I doubt that that will be the case in the NYC area.  Remember that you probably would not want the cheapest surgeon if you were having heart surgery.