I Find It Difficult to Breathe with Invisalign and May Be Allergic

I've had the invisalign for 2 weeks and begin feeling the symptoms after a day and a half. Can I Get a Refund?

Invisalign allergy

+1

I would certainly recommend that you get tested by an allergist as there are so many other substances that contain plastic and if you are, in fact, allergic to plastic, that could have a huge impact on your life!  As far as being refunded for Invisalign, there is a non-refundable fee that Invisalign charges once the trays are manufactured as well as the dentist's material and time cost up to now.  I'm sure there is a reasonable way to work out refunding the balance, discounting the Invisalign fee and material/time costs.

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign refunds can be tricky

+1

The fee paid to Invisalign by the dentist is not refundable to them, so a complete refund is likely not possible, but you may be able to negotiate some money back or apply the fee to alternative treatment.  Each office will have their own policy.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and allergy

+1

You should talk to your Invisalign provider to see about a refund.  The fee he or she  paid to Align (the company that makes Invisalign) is not refundable but depending on how much you paid you may get some refund.  You might also consider sensitivity testing to see if you really are allergic to the plastic in the aligners, although this too would cost something.

Brian Povolny, DDS, PhD
Seattle Orthodontist

Allergic to invisalign?

+1

It is possible to be allergic to just about anything!  Having said that...reports of allergies to Invisalign are extremely rare.  Certainly you should talk to your doctor about your symtoms and see what he/she says. 

I would think that if you are unable to continue treatment, the doctor would refund you your cost minus the work that was already done and the Invisalign lab cost, at least that is what I would do!

Robert Waxler, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign Refund

+1

Your dentist or orthodontist haa already payed a fee to Invisalign that is not refundable. You may be able to negotiate for the bulk of the additional money paid to be refunded if you choose not to proceed with treatment.  Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist