How Can I Find out How Many Dental Implants a Dentist Has Done?

I spoke to my own and called around. Each one literally said to me the same, "I have done hundreds". This is not possible. Any advice?

Choosing an implant dentist

+2

I would ask to see before and after pictures of similar cases to your own. A single back tooth being replaced by an implant is a relatively easier case than doing a single front tooth being matched to natural teeth. Replacing an entire mouth with implants is also a difficult case to execute properly that requires advanced training.

You could also consider the doctor's credentials and advanced training. 

Ask your friends and family member who they went to. Read any online reviews about the dentist. 

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Dentist's experience

+2

I am glad you are trying to find a qualified dentist to take care of your dental issues. Here's what you  should do because no one has or keeps a registry for actual cases. Most specilalist ( oral surgeons and Periodontist HAVE done hundreds) 

1) For  getting implants go to specialist .

2) Ask for testimonials

3) look at before after real case histories

4) look at their credentials ( school, years of experience, reviews)

5) Find someone you can trust. Go with your gut feeling

6) Get second opinions.

good luck

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

+2

Ask for pictures of their implant cases.  I have collected several of mine for this reason.  Dentists who place implants should be proud of their work and should have many pictures.  That is better than going off grey hair, a title or office appearance.  Otherwise, it's about the trust and assurance you have with the dentist.

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

How can I find out how many implants a dentist has placed?

+2

I would first ask how long they have been doing them and then I would ask them how many they have and if they have photos of cases they have done, and ask if you could talk to patients that have had them done. Good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Most periodontist and oral surgeons have done hundreds of Implants

+2

You should find a board certified oral surgeon or periodontist that has been in practice for at least 6-7 years or more. This should assure you that they have done quite a few and have the needed experience.

This will be only the surgical portion. Your restorative or general dentist will have to put the actual tooth or crown on the implant. But both have to be in close communication to be sure the correct type and placement is done.

Good luck

Dr.T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Choosing an Implant Dentist

+2

Unfortunately ther is no way of knowing how many Implants a dentist have placed in his life time.  Just it is almost impossible to find out how many crowns a dentist have made, how many wisdom teeth an Oral surgeon have pulled, and as a matter of fact, how many open heart surgerirs a cardiac surgeon have performed.

If you want to have an idea how much training a dentist has in placing implants, you may want to ask him where (which schools and / or which implant program ) he attended.  And when.?  That might give you an idea.

Besides that you have to rely on trust, personal references and INTUITION.

Sorry I could not be moer helpful.

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

How many implants have you done?

+2

You just have to trust that the dentist you are talking to is telling you the truth.  The best is to go with a referral of someone who has gotten one from the dentist and is happy with the results.  But I'm not sure why it "is not possible" to have done hundreds of implants.  Any oral surgeon who has been working for over 5 years has probably placed hundreds, if not thousands of implants, and a dentist who is actively placing them in their patients, can easily get into the hundreds.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

How Many Implants Has a Dentist Done?

+2

There is NO official registry anywhere of how many implants a particular dentist has done. All you can do is trust the dentist you are asking. After all, the entire patient/dentist relationship is based on trust. You should get some personal recommendations from other satisfied patients.

New York Cosmetic Dentist