Financing Plans for Plastic Surgery After Gastric Bypass?

I had gastric bypass on 5-31-06.Started at 325lbs,now at 122lbs.I have been wondering is it better to see a plastic surgeon that is independent or associated with a hospital.I plan on paying everything cash,was told that if I see an independent doctor the cost might not be as expensive.Majority of the doctors offices I have checked out said everything is due three weeks before surgery.Is there a discount if everything is paid all upfront instead of having to pay monthly?

Cosmetic surgery and financing

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss.  I am not sure that many surgeons internally finance, I know we do not.  We however like many surgeons offer financing through CareCredit or other external financing companies.  These plans offer short, no interest plans to long interest accruing plans over several years.  In terms of the cost of surgery, get a few quotes and pick a surgeon you like and trust.  Good luck.

Financing Plans for Plastic Surgery After Gastric Bypass

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss. . Your primary consideration should be to choose an experienced and expert surgeon who best understands your needs/objectives and is passionate about his/her work.

The fact that a surgeon is attached to a hospital or is independent will not be the most significant factor in fees as there is no consistent rule. An independent surgeon who owns his own facility and has developed a long standing relationship with MD anesthesiologist may be able to provide lower fees due to cost containment. Each office will have a different policy regarding financing charges.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Body Contouring After Massive Weight Loss

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! Body contouring after Bariatric weight loss is always exciting! In my practice at El Paso Cosmetic Surgery, I have a large volume of massive weight loss patients. We have been successful in getting portions of the surgery covered by insurance. The remaining procedures are often discounted. I perform total body lifts routinely with our specialized Bariatric protocol. Payment is always due prior to surgery. Each office varies in policies, I have a surgical coordinator that helps patients through the entire process.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Financing Plans For Plastic Surgery after Weight Loss Surgery?

+2

Congratulations on your successful/significant weight loss;  you should be very proud of this accomplishment.

I would suggest that you concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully,  based on experience and quality of work performed. Whether the plastic surgeon is “independent” or “associated with the hospital” is probably  of lesser importance than the quality of work that the plastic surgeon can demonstrate to you. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. You will find that every practice may have a different policy in regards to finances;  you will be informed of options available during your consultations.

Financing Plastic Surgery after Gastric Bypass

+1

Congrats on your success with your surgery and weight loss! I recommend that you get 3 or more consultations. You will find each office has different fees and policies for payment. Most or all will require payment up front. Some may offer a cash discount, you need to ask. Surgeons who have their own surgery center may have a lower fee than a hospital, but this can vary depending on the surgeon and the location. Be sure the surgery center is fully accredited, and that your surgeon is Board Certified in Plastic Surgery. If you finance part of your surgery, some finance companies offer zero or very low interest if you pay it off in a short time. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD