Should I Finally Get Rhinoplasty, After Years of Back and Forth?

I am 19 and I have always hated my nose. It is too round and big at the tip, and from my profile view it sticks out too much. What I really want to know is if it is feasible to fix my nose? I want it to look natural. I don't like the look of those too skinny, obviously corrected noses. Is there a way to keep my nose the same kind of shape, just smaller?

Is it time?

+4

physically yes there are rhinoplasty maneuvers that can accomplish your stated goals. In general, if you have to ask us if you're ready, the answer is no. when in doubt, sit it out.

good luck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Natural results after rhinoplasty is possible

+2

With the current techniques, it is possible to obtain a natural result after rhinoplasty.

Only patients who have realistic expectations and are doing the surgery for the right reason will be happy.

This is a personal decision and only you can answer your own question.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Take the time to research and consult with a well trained Facial Plastic Surgeon. Upon consultation and examination, your surgeon will be able to recommend treatment options to address your concerns.  Only you will know when the time is right for you to proceed with surgery. Your nose obviously bothers you so you owe it to yourself to research the options and become educated on Rhinoplasty so that you can make the decision that is best for you. Good luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results that look natural

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish many different goals, the first of which is reducing the bulbosity of the nasal tip. Any small humps can also be filed down and nasal bones narrowed through osteotomies. It is important to note that all of these components of the nose must be well balanced to the nose itself along with the facial features. It is important to find someone who has a lot of experience and has done thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries. When the nose is fully healed, the projection will decrease and results should look natural.

You should trust your surgeon and feel ready for rhinoplasty, not rushed. 

Natural Rhinoplasty

+1

If you don't like your nose, have the rhinoplasty you've considered for such a long time. This is a very personal decision. In the hands of  a good surgeon, a natural result will be achieved. Find a surgeon whose results you like.

Time for a Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, you would benefit from a rhinoplasty.  Your tip seems to be the major issue and you may only need a tip-plasty.  However, you would need a full evaluation to plan your surgery.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

+1

Cool picture with spoon in mouth (shows tip of nose well).  Consider just a tip rhinoplasty to diminish the size and projection of your tip.  Your skin appears too thick to me for a small fake looking tip, provided the surgeon doesn't thin your skin or take too much cartilage.  Technically, my approach would be to trim your lower lateral cartilages and apply suture technique.  This is not a major procedure, and the most straightforward patients, in my opinion, are those such as yourself who do not want a huge change, just a subtle adjustment to achieve a natural result.  Don't expect perfection, just improvement, and you should be pleased with the result in the hands of any good plastic surgeon.

Steve Laverson, MD

Natural, Subtle Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Jojo,

Yes, a properly performed rhinoplasty will refine your nasal tip and adjust the rest of your nose accordingly so that your nose will look natural and "undone".  The best rhinoplasty is one where it is not obvious that the patient has had surgery.  The most important aspect is choosing your surgeon most carefully.  See the below web reference.  I am sure that in the proper hands, rhinoplasty will result in a nose that you will love for the rest of your life.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reduction rhinoplasty

+1

It is actually easier and more predictable when having a rhinoplasty to just reduce the existing structures. Creating a more pointed and narrowed tip can create some vagries in healing that can require revision surgery. Judging by your pictures, it should be possible to achieve the results you are looking for and leaving you with a more natural nose that fits your face. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

A good rhinoplasty will end up looking natural, not "done".

+1

A good rhinoplasty will end up looking natural, not "done".  A rhinoplasty can be done just the way you want it done.

Pick the right surgeon, plan it out on the computer ahead of time, and you can have the nose just the way you want it.

Having your nose end up looking natural and not pinched is ust a matter of changing the internal tissues just the right amount. If you plan it out with your surgeon beforee surgery, you will end up with the nose you want. Computer simulation before surgery will help you and your surgeon know what you want in the end.

G. Gregory Gallico, III, MD, FACS
Associate Professor, Plastic Surgery
Massachusetts General Hospital
170 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Tel: 617-267-5553
Fax: 617-267-5507
ggallico@partners.org

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD