Finalized Nose/shape After Ethnic Open Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I recently had an open rhinoplasty by Belo Medical/Dr. Yap in Green Hills, Manila (Philippines). I am American Filipino. Goretex implant/augumentaion for bridge/dorsum and septup/ear cartilege for the tip of my nose. I am close to 3 weeks post operation. I am pretty happy with my bridge but feel that my nose tip is kinda bulbous still, wanted it to be pointier. And as for my ala or is it alar? I was thinking it should be narrowed? In about a year will my nose get smaller ie. tip/ala area?

Your Nose Looks Good 3 Weeks After an Ethnic Open Rhinoplasty

+2

You actually look great 3 weeks after the kind of rhinoplasty you had done. The tip is still swollen and will be swollen for 6-12 months. It is a work in progress and will get pointier over time. As for the base of the nose, it does look a bit wide still, but it looks from the photos like you have somewhat thick skin making it difficult to narrow the base much more without making it look obviously "done". As the swelling decreases, the base of the nose will look better and my guess is that you will be happy with the overall results once all of the swelling has resolved. Again, it will be 6-12 months until you see the final result. Forget about your nose for now and in a year take another critical look at it again. Until then, have fun.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ethnic Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your photos showing the results of your surgery.

At about a month post-surgery, it is normal that your nose remains swollen; you have to be a little more patient and have nature take its course.

Usually, swelling subsides with time and final results are accomplished at about 12 months post-op.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS