Final Results from Radiesse Injections in Cheeks Shows a Week Later? Why?

Is it true that final results from Radiesse injections in cheeks is not evident until after a week? Why? I had fillers done less than a week ago. Immediately, I saw great improvement. Is it possible that more cheek contours can develop after a week?

Waiting to see results after Radiesse

+4

It's true you will see an immediate change after injections with Radiesse but I advise patients to not even look at or make any judgments for at least a week, ideally two or more. Swelling can occur after any injections and sometimes unevenly...one cheek appears bigger than the other, or crooked, or lumpy and then the next day it's fine and then suddenly it may be the other cheek.  If you over analyze the treated areas, start poking, prodding, rubbing or manipulating the area because you think it's crooked you may create more problems than benefits. (More bruising, swelling, moving the product, damage to the skin itself...)   You really won't see the contours its created until after all the swelling and bruising has resolved. What you see initially isn't always what you get.  Be a patient patient. :)

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

It takes a month until you see final results from Radiesse

+3

I tell patients it takes a month until you see final results from Radiesse. But, you will see an immediate improvement from the injection. You are probably seeing swelling which will go down once the product settles in the body. Once it absorbs, collagen will be forming at the site which is the cause of the final results.

Web reference: http://www.chelseaeye.com

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Final Results from Radiesse Injections

+2

All patients experience swelling from Radiesse injections (as is the case with most fillers) so it's best to wait at least one week before judging the outcome. Remember also that Radiesse is a "stimulatory" filler so as it is being absorbed over several months it is being replaced by your own collagen which is much more long-lasting. During this transition period things may "settle" a bit so if you liked the fuller look I recommend my patients return in several months for a "touch-up".

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long for Final Radiesse Results?

+2

Hi NY.  The reason we tell our patients to wait a week for final results and have them come in 2 weeks after for a checkup is because there is swelling involved in the procedure that may not resolve completely for a week or so. 

While it is true that the results for Radiesse injections are immediate, the final picture will not be determined for some days after.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/radiesse-injections-treatment.aspx

Radiesse results can take a while to show

+1

There usually is swelling after Radiesse that may obliterate the true results and it could take a couple of days to several and up to a week or more for some people to have their swelling go down and show the true results better.

Results of Radiesse are seen immediately after injection

+1

There may be some swelling for the first week to two after the injection. 

After the swelling subsides, you should see the true result of the treatment.

Remember also that Radiesse stimulates new collagen deposition that will continue improving the results for a number of months to come.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fllers

+1

In general the results of fillers are seen immediately. Then there is some swelling and inflamation that will subside in one to two weeks.

In the cheeks the results should be seen immediately.

Swelling MAY Exaggerate the Wrinkle Filling of Fillers

+1

Regarding: "Final Results from Radiesse Injections in Cheeks Shows a Week Later? Why?
Is it true that final results from Radiesse injections in cheeks is not evident until after a week? Why? I had fillers done less than a week ago. Immediately, I saw great improvement. Is it possible that more cheek contours can develop after a week
?"

Every surgical procedure is associated with a certain degree of inflammation and local swelling. As a result, in the case of liposuction it would appear that less fat was removed than it really was. In nose surgery, removal of the nose hump may appear to have been completed but the swelling of the skin may cover up an over-removal and the beginning of a ski slope nose. In the case of fillers, a smaller volume of filler may appear to cause a full correction but when the swelling subsides, more filler may be needed for a full correction. Different fillers are associated with different swelling in different areas and depths of the face.

In your case, you will see the ultimate swelling free result with fillers a few days after the treatment.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Radiesse results

+1

The results of Radiesse, like most fillers is seen immediately- the swelling does go down after a week and the final results/long term is more apparent then. Sounds like you are happy. Enjoy

Germantown Dermatologist

Assess final results of injectable fillers one week after treatment

+1

While injectable fillers make an immediate change, they do cause small amounts of swelling and sometimes little areas of bruising. Therefore, a week after an injectable filler facial treatment is a good time to assess the final results. Sometimes, areas that look a little overcorrected or just not right improve, other times it may have initially looked perfect but a small lump of material or asymmetry may show up later.