Predicting Final Results from Blepharoplasty?

I had bilateral upper lid Blepharoplasty about 10 days ago and I am wondering if the slight asymmetry will resolve? My right side has been more swollen since post op day 1.

The swelling has significantly decreased but I noticed the right side is still a little droopy, is this an indication of what my final result will be?

Give eyelids a few weeks to heal completely

+2

Though eyelid surgery heals quickly in most patients, it can take several weeks to even a couple of months to judge the final postoperative result. If there is uneven swelling, make sure you are not sleeping with that right side of your face in the down position. It is best to sleep on you back with head slightly elevated if possible while healing.

Eyebrow assymetry can look like eyelid assymetry, so check in a photo if your brows look even (photo works better than a mirror as we are all quite used to seeing ourselves in the mirror and tend not to notice our assymetries as much!). This type of assymetry can only be corrected with a brow lifting procedure.

I would recommend giving this at least 4-8 weeks before considering any additional intervention and you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Detroit Oculoplastic Surgeon

Healing time for upper eyelid blepharoplasty

+1

Typically, healing time is about 1-2 weeks for an upper blepharoplasty; however, for the final results to be apparent it can take several months.  It takes time for all the swelling to settle and things to even out.  

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Many reasons for assymetry in early post-op period

+1

As you stated, the assymetry may well be cause by swelling in the early post-op period.  discuss this with your surgeon.  Often the reassurance he or she gives will help you more confidently proceed through the necessary, but sometimes, anxiety producing post-op period.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD