Final Result 1 Month After Rhinoplasty

i had my rhinoplasty 1 month ago,iam not sure about the result.is the shape after one month is the final result or i have to wait to see better shape(iam not american so excuse my language).thanx

Rhinoplasty Results?

+2

Thank you for the question. Answers will be instructive to future patients.

It will take several months and up to a year to see “final results” after rhinoplasty surgery. Even at that point the nose will continue to change and  annual follow-up will often demonstrate further changes.

Final results of rhinoplasty require patience

+2

The final result of any rhinoplasty regardless of open or closed technique, is not evident until at least 6 months.  In my practice, the landmarks for evaluation are 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 6 monhts and 1 year.  Ultimately, there may be positive changes, particularly a reduction in tip swelling, from 6 months to a year.

Richard J. Wassermann, MD, MPH
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Final Rhinoplasty Result

+2

It will take 6-12 months after rhinoplasty to see your final result. Presently,  the normal, temporary  post-op swelling makes it very difficult to evaluate your nose.

Final Result-nose surgery

+2

It takes 6 wks to see the shape of a nose after rhinoplasty, and up to a year for final results.  If you do not like the shape at 4 weeks, you still have a chance that when the swelling goes down, it will change a bit- so it depends what you are not sure about. Talk to your surgeon for a more detailed description as to what changes you can expect.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Final rhinoplasty results

+2

Though the nose will look very good one week after rhinoplasty, final results will take six to twelve months. If you are unsure about the shape, discuss the concerns with your surgeon, though revisions for most should wait.

peterejohnsonmd

1 month post rhinoplasty

+2

Hi,

Only 1 month after a rhinoplasty, you will not see the final result. Give yourself 6 months to a year for the final results.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty results

+2

The final result of a rhinoplasty will often not be seen for at least six months to a year after surgery. This is often due to swelling that persists. 

Rhinoplasty post-operative course

+2

You will have to get used to everyone saying - give it time.  Because you must after having a rhinoplasty.  There is no secret that the healing of a rhinoplasty takes time and you must allow that time to pass.  However, I would say that there are many things one can tell right out of the gates.  If you do not see a good nose coming from what is on your face now, then you need to return to your surgeon and discuss your concerns. There may be some actions you can take to improve the outcome. 

Jay Calvert, MD

Swelling after Rhinoplasty Usually Improves with More Time

+2

While you should see some of the results of the surgery at one month, it can take 3-6 months or longer to really apppreciate the final result.  Subtle amounts of swelling remain at one month, and generally your nose will look better over time.  Patience is hard for all of us, but your patience will be rewarded most of the time.  We almost never recommend revisional nasal surgery for 12 months or more after your surgery, just to make sure you have had plenty of time for your nose to settle down.  Best wishes.

Michael Vincent, MD, FACS

Michael Vincent, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon