2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty there is Still a Bump, Could this Just be Part of the Swelling? (photo)

Ok I know it takes 6 months to a year for your nose to be completely healed, So by that being said I have a question I had Rhinoplasty done March 8th its been two weeks and 1 day now..now does this mean my nose will change a lot from what it looks like now? Like enough to see a change just because it looks fat from width and there is still a bump on my bridge wich was 100x worse before so i'll take it, but I was just wondering if that will also go away in time?

Swelling can make a big impact on the appearance of the nose

+1

Hello Crystie,

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Its always a little hard to know what is swelling and what is actual tissue from after only photos.  At two weeks we know that there will be an appreciable amount of swelling.  The best thing to do now is just wait and let your body take care of the healing process.

Dr. Remus Repta

Still swollen

+1

You look pretty good for just a few weeks out.  Certainly, there is still swelling over the nasal bones.  This will get better over the next 6 months.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Appearance 2 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry but it is difficult to see your nose with the picture submitted but it will change inificantly over the next year. It is too soon to evaluate your result.

2 Weeks After - Still a Bump

+1

2 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - it's hard to say whether the bump will fully go away at this point

Sam Naficy, MD

2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty there is Still a Bump, Could this Just be Part of the Swelling?

+1

Two weeks after a Rhinoplasty is too short of a time to make any decisions about the final result.  You should discuss your concerns with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.