Can Finacea Be Used with Retin A?

Can I use Finacea to control skin redness if I am already on a treatment of Retin A?

Combination of Retin A and Finacea

+1

Many patients combine Retin A and Finacea in their skin care regimen as each has a different mechanism of action.  In many cases, Finacea would be applied in the morning and Retin A in the evening.  As always, I recommend being evaluated by a board certified dermatologist so an appropriate treatment regimen can be rendered for your individual condition.

Web reference: http://www.perridermatology.com

Houston Dermatologist

Using Finacea with Retin-A

+1

I frequently have patients use Finacea and Retin-A together for acne, rosacea, or sun-damaged skin.  Both of them can potentially cause some irritation, so I recommend starting one at a time.  If you are already using Retin-A, you could try using the Finacea every other day at first to see if you skin will tolerate it.  I would recommend using Finacea in the AM followed by a broad-spectrum sunscreen and Retin-A at night followed by moisturizer if needed. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon