Is Finacea Helpful with Sebaceous Hyperplasia?

I have mild Rosacea on my cheeks. I use Finacea at night on my cheeks to keep the pimples and bumps away. It has been effective. If I use the Finacea on my forehead will it help the Sebaceous Hyperplasia? I do plan to get the sebaceous hyperplasia treated by my Dermatologist. She recommends Electrocautery but her first available appt is not until August. I was wondering if Finacea would help at all in the meantime?

Sebaceous hyperplasia needs to be destroyed rather than creamed...

+1

none of the topical agents currently available will help...needs to be burned or frozen or zapped...and heat, sweat and spicy foods may worsen the condition

Will Finacea help sebaceous hyperplasia?

+1

I agree that the most effective way to treat sebaceous hyperplasia is with electrocautery.  Finacea will likely decrease oil production wherever it is applied, but I would not expect it to cause any significant redcution in the size of your sebaceous hyperplasia.

David W. Bray, MD
Alexandria Dermatologist