Will Over-filling Void Warranty or Increase Risk of Faulty Valve with Breast Implants?

I have Allergan 360-390cc implants and they said the max fill is 390 and that they are a one time use valve. I am confused because some surgeons say it's okay to add addtional, and also, would this make the implants too firm to go like 30cc's over the 390? thanks.

Will Over-filling Void Warranty or Increase Risk of Faulty Valve with Breast Implants

+1

Once the fill recommendations are violated, it is up to the implant company to decide on a case by case basis whether they will honor the warranty but it is within their rights to deny all benefits.

Overfilling implants

+1

Overfilling the implants should not cause any significant problems. Sometimes it is done to minimize rippling and to correct for minor asymmetries.

Overfilling Implants

+1

Going 30cc higher then the 390cc listed will not make them too firm and will not void the warranty.  It will also not cause a disruption of the fill valve, as long as it is done in a careful manner.  Too really stress the implant and make it alot firmer, you would probably need to get that 360cc implant to about 475cc.  I hope this helps

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon