Can Filling Tissue Expanders Too Quickly Cause a Wound to Appear That Looks Like a Burn? (photo)

I was 2 months post op from a double mastectomy. All was going well and I was scheduled to have my implants but in within the next month. However a complication arose. A large blister formed on my breast. The cause is unknown however my plastic surgeon says it has the characteristics of a burn. I ended up needing a skin graft. I'm curious if anyone has seen this before. My PS said he's never seen it happen and has no idea what could have caused it.

+3

This could be the cause but I wonder if sun exposure, radiation therapy, or heating pads were involved? You posted very limited info so I'm sorry for the issue. 

Tissue expander

+3

This can happen if the skin is exposed to the sun, with sun burn, or a heating pad, resulting in full thickness burn.