Would I Have to Go About Fillers+botox to Achieve This Look? (photo)

I have two pictures of myself (one actual pic, and one edited pic). In the first picture you can see that my cupids bow is not defined and I have long dark lines at the corners of my lips. There is also volume lacking in the middle of my lower lip (makes lips look square). How could this be fixed? Could botox be used around the upper sides of the lips to stop them from riding up? Also, would fillers give me that heart shape face? I have heard botox can also be used for jaw slimming.

Facial Enhancement

+2

You might be a good candidate for a lip implant to help enhance fullness in your lips with some conjunctive services to help achieve the look you desire. However, to be certain, I would recommend consulting with a board certified specialist.  Fillers could be used to give you more of a heart shaped face in conjunction with botox to slim the jaw.

Botox and fillers for rejuvenation

+1

Sculpting with fillers and relaxation of muscles with Botox or Dysport can improve ones appearance, or it can make one look unnatural. Photographs are not a replacement for an in person consultation during which the three dimensionality of your face would be examined both at rest, and with muscle movement. Only in this way might one perceive well the issues that you have. Then, and only then, could you obtain a fair and safe treatment plan that might improve that which you wish to change while maintaining a natural appearance. Botox that relaxes some muscles near the lips can cause too much relaxation and you might be upset to have a droop, especially if it were uneven. Too much filler in the cheeks can make it look "man-made".  Adding filler to full lips has to be done with precision. Please see an experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Getting the look you want with fillers and Botox

+1

Lip augmentation is easily handled with Juvederm (or the forthcoming Belotero). Cheek enhancement can be accomplished with a robust filler like Radiesse - or Perlane - or with Sculptra.

You need to remember that sometimes adding volume to one area could lead to the need for added volume in another area so your facial contours "flow" properly. (Example: Too much "cheek" could make your face seem boxy. Subtle enhancement is always preferred)

I would not recommend that you use Botox to turn down the corners of your mouth as the outcome could be unpredictable and change your entire smile profile..

An experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon can discuss options with you and be sure you maintain natural-looking proportions

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and Botox are your Answers

+1

Your questions are good ones and you have intuitively figured out that neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin) and fillers (Restylane, Juviderm, Radiesse, and Perlane) can be used to help "sculpt" the face.Depending on where they are placed in the forehead,  neuromodulators can be be used to either drop or lift the eyebrows. Fillers can the be used to add volume to areas of need, and work well to create symmetry, support the lower lids, and add definition and volume to the lips.These types of injections cannot be done with "cookie cutter" technique. They require an artist's eye, technical expertise, and finesse in order to get the results you are looking for.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I Have to Go About Fillers+botox to Achieve This Look?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos but such a detailed site specific inquiry can only really be addressed in an in person consult NOT over the internet. Seek a few in person evaluations and bring these photos with you.