Do I Need Fillers?

I am 25, and have always had slight nasolabial folds. Over the past year and a half, I started developing creases at the corners of my mouth that now look like they connect to the folds. This has really taken a toll on my self esteem. I feel like I am too young to start having fillers and would feel worse about myself if I did pursue plastic surgery. I've tried lots of moisturizers, nearly every one that can be bought at Walgreens or Walmart and claim to diminish appearance of lines. My question regarding the creases that have appeared under my nasolabial folds is really to ask whether they can be treated topically with success. They appeared while in graduate school, during which time I had a poor diet, lack of sleep, etc. I still feel as though I'm not resting well, despite finishing grad school. Is this ruining my face? Can this be reversed? If I were a bit older I don't think it would bother me as much as it does at this time.

Nasolabial creases

+1

My personal opinion is that I would not treat your folds. You appear to be a beautiful young lady. Basically, there is no topical treatment to treat folds or creases. Fillers are the only treatment that would  reduce the nasal labial fold. I do not think  you should treat the corners of your mouth.

Best of luck . Enjoy your youthful face

Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial folds.

+1

Everyone has a nasolabial fold. Some are more prominent than others. If they bother you, they can be treated.