Fillers (ArteFill) and Subcision For Acne Scars?

My Doctor has recommended subcision and Artefil in the same sitting for acne scars on my cheeks. I have never received fillers before. My question is, is it a good idea to use a permanent filler to start out? Could fillers in your cheeks change your expression and/or face at all? Should I start with a temporary filler first?

Artefill for Acne Scarring

+1
Artefill is an excellent filler for treating depressed scars.  Frequently combining subcision with the treatment will help as well if the scar especially if the scar is deep or tethered underneath the skin.  I have a number of patients who have great results with this technique who are very happy with their results.  

Best regards,

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Acne scar treatments.

+1

Subcisions with a filler of any kind is good and should also be finished off with a spot dermabrasion over the scar. Artefill is fine since you use so small amount with subcisions that it doesn't matter what filler you use. It is mainly there to keep the fibrous bands from rejoining and if it gives a little lift , then that's even better. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon