Will Fillers Work for the Top of the Nose Bridge?

I wear glasses a lot and have quite a large nose with a high bridge. I have a little dent at the top of the bridge where my glasses rest and was wondering if fillers could be used to fill it in but also to create an illusion of a smaller nose . Also, im currently sixteen and was wondering how old you have to be in order to get nose fillers ?

Fillers for dorsal augmentation during nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers can be used to contour and build the nasal bridge, but it would not be a great option to address a dent caused by the weight of your glasses.  Fillers are moldable, and glasses would re-create this indentation.  

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear blooop,

1. Adding filler to the nose can make it more proportional, it will not make is smaller
  2. Nonetheless, it can look better overall, even if it is a little bigger
  3. You would need your parent's permission to have it done, and since it is temporary, it should not be a big issue, we do rhinoplasty surgery on clients your age

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Fillers in the bridge of the nose

+1

First, the answer is yes – fillers can be used to fill the bridge of the nose to create a better shaping.  Second – your age would limit you to providers as most of us would not want to perform this procedure, or most cosmetic procedures on 16 year olds.  Having said that, if you and your family have agreed that this is something you really want, and you understand all the associated risks and benefits, and are mature enough in the eyes of the injector, someone may in fact try to correct the defect.  Fillers are not permanent but do extremely well – in the right hands – in this area.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers to the Nose

+1

Fillers can fill in areas of the nose that are indented or not smooth as well as increase the height of the bridge.  Some of the fillers are approved for patients as young as 18years old.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek. 

Kimberly Lee, MD

Fillers for radix/dorsum of nose

+1

Since you are sixteen years old, you would need a parent or guardian sign consent who is 18 years of age or older.  Volumizers, such has Perlane or Radiesse will fill the top of the nose.  Results are excellent usually lasting 9 months to 18 months, depending on the type or product used.  The glasses resting on the area of the filler could be a problem.  The pressure from the glasses, if worn continuously, can possibly cause filler to reabsorb quicker or displace the product that was injected.  One suggestion would be for you to wear contacts if possible.  Another option would be to alternate the types of glasses you wear depending on the nose piece and the area the glasses rest on the nose.  I hope this information helps you in your decision.

Thank you....

Nana Mizuguchi, MD