Fillers Best Treatment for Asymmetrical Nasolabial Folds?

I am 24 years old and have asymmetrical nasolabial folds. The right side has a single crease, which I consider ideal, while the left side exhibits one larger crease with a smaller crease closest to the corner of my mouth. I am interested in correcting the asymmetry so that the left side may have one single fold in order to match the right side. Fillers seem to be the best option from what I have read, but I would like to have more information regarding treatment for my specific situation.

Treatment of asymmetric nasolabial folds

+2

Significant differences in the nasolabial folds are usually due to differences in the underlying bone. Whether or not to treat this bone asymmetry and how is a discussion in itself.

Hyaluronic acid fillers can be used to minimize these differences, but there will often still be an asymmetry. I'm sure your doctor has considered this in his advice.

Fillers to help nasolabial folds

+1

Fillers come in all different forms. There is radiesse, juvaderm, restylane, perlane, autologous fat, to name a few. You certainly can benefit from the use of one of these products if you have asymmetry.

Juvederm and Restylane will soften the nasolabial folds

+1

Everybody has some degree of facial asymetry. In this case, we identify the folds as ''smiling lines.'' To soften these lines we suggest fillers like Juvederm or Restylane. We get better results if injected with the ''Fern technique.'' This will provide more lasting results.

Suzanne Gagnon, MD
Quebec Dermatologist

Juvederm or restylane for asymmetric nasolabial creases

+1

Fillers such a juvederm or restylane ($550/syringe) should fix the symmetry problem well but may need to be done in 1 or 2 sessions a week apart and may need 2-3 syringes.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Agree Fillers Best

+1

I agree with you that fillers would be the best solution for your problem. However, it might be too much to ask your physician to give you total symetry. Rather than leave one t;hin line on each side, I would let your physician obliterate both naso-labial folds. It seems to me that this would be the easier approach.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Results of the filler injections to asymmetric nasolabial folds

+1

It really necessarily the quality or composition of the paint as much as the skill of the painter that determines the beauty of the final result.