Anything Besides Fillers to Treat Small Area of Uneven Liposuction?

I had standard lipo last November, all around my middle. I'm happy with most of it, but I had one lumpy area where there was extra fat. I had a correction in March, but it overcompensated, and now there's a 1x2in depressed "divot" area lacking fat. My surgeon won't operate again, and only suggests using fillers for the rest of my life. I tried Restylane once, it was was weird, hard, and unnatural-looking. Might any of the "non surgical lipo" things help even out the small area more permanently?

Fat grafting to treat uneven liposuction

+1

Fat grafting to treat uneven liposuction AND fat deficit is the best way to go.  It realy requires a physical exam to feel where the deficits are on your thighs.

Divots caused by excessive liposuction

+1

IF there is a deficit of fat, I would consider fat grafting injections. This may take more than one session to obtain a optlmal fat graft take.

Correcting an over correction of liposuction.

+1

A photo would help me better understand the extent of the problem.  The off the shelf fillers are all temporary.  I would recommend fat grafting the area as the best means of getting a permanent correction.  Realize that the procedure may need to be done several times to get enough "take" of the fat to fill out the depression.  This is because not all the fat placed in an area survives.  Expect improvement but not perfection.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Overcorrection of liposuction

+1

It sounds like the secondary procedure that you had over corrected the contour asymmetry.  I would not use filler to fill in the deficit, I would consider fat injections instead.

Liposuction

+1

small areas of depression can be repaired using your own fat:  fat grafting.  a photograph would demonstrated better.

Shahin Javaheri, MD