Are Fillers Safe for a 23 Year Old?

my left cheek does not protrude as much i was wondering if i could inject some radiesse in the weak cheek to make it stick out as left side is this dangerous? because i do not want plastic surgery or anything? over long term will my skin go rough and will i look old quick?

Radiesse for Cheek Asymmetry

+1

Radiesse is a good filler for deeper volume restoration of the cheek.  This can mimic a bony augmentation by injecting on the bone itself.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse for a 23 Year Old w/ Asymmetric Cheeks

+1

You sound like the perfect candidate for Radiesse. Irregularity and assymetry is well-addressed with Radiesse. Plus, Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxyapatite, which mimics the consistency of bone and so it looks and feels like your real cheeks do. You won't have any change in the texture of your skin and in the right physicians hands, you won't look like you've had anything done. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Radiesse is a great choice for volume in cheeks!

+1

Whether for asymmetry or for volume loss in both cheeks, Radiesse is a great choice.

Radiesse has been approved and is safe for patients over 21. Although you always want to be sure you have a qualified injector, whether a doctor or a nurse with advanced training such as we have in our office.

Sam Naficy, MD

Filler for a young person

+1

Fillers like juvederm and restylane and perlane are terrific, safe and effective options for enhancing your cheek. Make sure to go to a highly trained professional such as a dermatologist for your treatment to maximize great results (beauty, symmetry), and minimize potential side effects.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Are Fillers Safe for a 23 Year Old?

+1

The temporary fillers, for facial and cheek augmentation, are safe for long term use.  For a more permanent augmentation, of the cheek, Cheek Implants can be used.  Be sure the MD you select understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally more attractive face.  Here's a video of Perlane filler for cheek augmentation.

Fillers are safe in younger patients

+1

Radiesse can be safely used in young adults. There are other filler materials that can be used to achieve symmetry in the cheeks, and the exact product should be decided by an experienced injector. Placing fillers in the face does not accelerate the aging process or cause rough skin. In fact, they may stimulate the body's own collagen production and thus improve overall skin tone and texture.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers are safe for a 23 year old

+1

Yes, fillers are perfectly safe at your age. I will almost always use Radiesse over hyaluronic acid fillers for volume in the cheeks as I believe it has a better lifting effect and has been proven to be longer lasting. Even though it cannot be reversed like the hyaluronic acid fillers, if your injecting physician is both skilled and experienced and does not inject too much at once, you should be quite happy with the results. To choose a good physician injector, always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers are tested on those 18 and above

+1

Filler studies are performed on people who are 18 and above, due to consent reasons, and can safely be performed on people of any age, as long as the person you see is a skilled injector. Radiesse has no counter product to it, meaning that once injected it cannot be dissolved, except with time. In the cheek area particularly I might recommend either Restylane or Perlane over Radiesse. Plus, both of these products can be dissolved easily if you don't like something. I don't ever recommend patients start with Radiesse unless they have tried other fillers first.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD