Do I need fillers, or will Retin-A work? (photo)

I'm only 24 and people tend to think I'm 30. I'm guessing it's the area around my mouth. I don't have NL folds in the morning (pic taken in morning) but after a day of wearing makeup, small 1cm "dimples" appear at the very corners of my mouth. They go away with moisturizer/showering. They aren't much different from when I was 18, but even when I was 18 people thought I was 30. Do I need fillers at such a young age, or will retin A fix the issue? Do I just need to drink more water?

Fillers or Retin-A

+1

Starting a topical retinoid such as Retin-A is an effective and manageable way to help you skin look more vibrant. It typically takes about 6-8 weeks for your skin to acclimate
to the product, but once you do you should start to notice your skin becoming healthier. Also, it's very important to use a zinc based sunscreen and good moisturizer. The key is to be consistent with these products to see the long term results. Your picture does not indicate that fillers a needed at all, but of course it's a personal choice. Protecting your skin with sunscreen is still the #1 anti-aging product out there.

Sacramento Dermatologist

Retin A

+1

Based on your description it could be loss of moisture in the skin. The picture posted shows very good skin and nasolabaial fold. You do not need a filler. Hydrate the skin often, with good non-oily skin moisturizer. The use of Retin A and good skin care like obaji will help, you have to tolerate the initial irritation and redness of the Retin A, which disappears with time